Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Staley has some growing to do as a head coach. More thought on when to go for it on 4th and more discipline on players doing their job and not making penalties in crucial situations. And going back to preseason, not protecting his qb well enough when the OL is getting beat.

Next year. Again.
    Chargers deserved to lose the moment Staley went for it on his own 18 yard line, down by 4 points.
    It made some of Lynn's decisions seem brilliant. Defense bailed him out on that one.

Maybe the worst coaching decisions i have ever experienced.....open to suggestions for worse options.

Staley never realized that his aggressive style caught the league by surprise; but after awhile, teams prepared for and expected it.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
      We beat ourselves, the nfl didn’t beat us and the raiders played really well but we should’ve still come out on top
      Yes we did. More so than anyone.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

That was honestly the backbreaker. But also entirely predictable given the way the defense has performed this year.
        a gift TD from the refs..... and stupid defense....

we gave up that play on a draw play that was not designed to get the first down...... it was a give up and punt play......

Chargers also gave up a bogus PI on a ball that carr threw away intentionally to avoid sack....never trying to complete it..... uncatchable.....

Comment

• bolthead123
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • San Diego
          • I work in IT.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

The NFL would have much rather had the Chargers. Chargers are an LA team now. They have one of the young guns at QB. The NFL desperately wanted Burrow and Herbert to be in the playoffs. And, I think they would have faced off in the wild card if I remember correctly.
          I Disagree with this. Raiders have national following and they play out of Vegas. Collingsworth was being a bit too obvious at the beginning of the game with who he wanted to win.

I think Herbert might turn that around though.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

At minimum, a TE chipping on the way out was needed.
            Lombardi is now revamped again as Lombardo again. How can you not know Crosby all game was going to do this.

:facepalm1:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
              I hope Staley is on the phone with Fangio before he leaves Vegas. I also hope they don't even let Murray on the plane home. Just pack his stuff up and mail it to him.
              He gave up a TD and got a Pi penalty extending another drive for pts. Bad play tonite

Comment

• The turning point of the game...obviously the fumble by Roberts,.he pulled his own "Marlon McCree" copycat...and then subsequently going for it on 4th down from our own 18. Thats 10 points boys. Too much to overcome.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Team not as amped as I expected them to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chargers deserved to lose the moment Staley went for it on his own 18 yard line, down by 4 points.
                    It made some of Lynn's decisions seem brilliant. Defense bailed him out on that one.

Maybe the worst coaching decisions i have ever experienced.....open to suggestions for worse options.

Staley never realized that his aggressive style caught the league by surprise; but after awhile, teams prepared for and expected it.
                    It was a ridiculous call. And then the call itself..The same run that was stuffed a minute before? Thats the definition of insanity as they say.

Staley is a complete IDIOT. What somebody saw in this guy I will never know. He is the football equivalent of a used car salesman.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

He gave up a TD and got a Pi penalty extending another drive for pts. Bad play tonite
                      The most puzzling guy on the team.

he was supposed to be our sideline-to-sideline MLB...what happened?
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

We were playing 10 on 11 on D. Murray was just spinning in circles.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

they’ll definitely ne making a change, I’d be shocked if the chargers don’t bring someone in in FA or the draft.
                          Yeah, somebody that will play for vet minimum.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X