• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltGuyFromNY
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2022
    • Send PM

The ownership just doesn't get it. Take a look at Tampa bay. Since they were last sold they have won 2 super bowls. They make smart choices in who they bring in, except for Brown, but a lot of teams made that bad choice.

They are in the Playoffs and could make a run, while the Chargers with arguably "All this talent" sits home.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The thing I have been feeling for the last several weeks is that we have several premiere guys. Bosa, Derwin, Allen, Ekeler, Slater and Herbert. Most of the rest of the roster is serviceable to good. But just about every spot (with the few exceptions above) we are (or should be) looking to upgrade.

Some guys are developing, like Samuel, Adderley, Storm and Pipkins. I am not trying to make a very comprehensive list, but this roster needs to get better.

I do think Staley is on to some stuff that has made a weak roster more competitive. But if the Chargers are ever going to step up, they need to get better.
      Need a real RT. Last night was a disaster. Also, can we sign MW on a long term team friendly contract? I can’t remember how many times he bailed us out or gave us a chance to compete on these close games.

Comment

• BigBad
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Some facts that emotional fans cant see clearly:

Our WRs are not a great group at all. KA is a route runner who provides ZERO YAC. MW is not fast enough to get separation which means every ball to him is a 50/50 unless blown coverage. He will get nothing but slower. This had made Herbert basically be perfect all the time.

"Why don't we throw the whole game" - watch last night when we did. Herbert would not survive past game 4 of a season with the right side of the line like this. Lombardi and Stayley know this.

"We are talented" - Our DT and LBs are WELL below average. WRs overrated. O-line is halfway there. TEs average. D-line outside of Bosa below average. LBs are god awful. The secondary is probably above average. Sounds like a recipe for a below .500 team if we didn't have a special QB.

Comment

• BoltGuyFromNY
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2022
          • Send PM

Tampa Bay went 5-11, 5-11, 7-9 then won the Superbowl. You don't need great talent, you need an owner that can spot potential coaching talent and take chances in free agency.

Comment

• SK21209
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2020
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

For nearly two decades now I've been convinced that Spanos took a piss on an Indian burial ground or something because that's the only explanation for the insane losses this team experiences year after year. Still, nothing will be worse for me than that 07 Divisional loss to the Pats.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Posted this elsewhere but this seems to be a good spot as well.......

If anyone on here thinks that the Raiders were going to run out the clock for a tie is just delusional. They were locked in no matter what they did at that point.......so they have the ball in figgy range WITH one of the best kickers in football who is perfect at home and you think they weren't gonna kick it??? They. just as we would, take pleasure in knocking out a division opponent.

There is no way in hell they were going to let the clock run out. Comments to the contrary is just Carr having fun mind fucking the fanbase and in kind making Staley look bad. If I was Carr, i would do it too.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Speaking of franchise LT, was this Slater’s worst game as a pro?

It was shocking, really. The Raiders were just tougher and wanted it more. Hell, Darius Philon, who has been out of the league for the last two seasons, beat Feiler several times.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Our WRs are not a great group at all. KA is a route runner who provides ZERO YAC. MW is not fast enough to get separation which means every ball to him is a 50/50 unless blown coverage. He will get nothing but slower. This had made Herbert basically be perfect all the time.

"Why don't we throw the whole game" - watch last night when we did. Herbert would not survive past game 4 of a season with the right side of the line like this. Lombardi and Stayley know this.

"We are talented" - Our DT and LBs are WELL below average. WRs overrated. O-line is halfway there. TEs average. D-line outside of Bosa below average. LBs are god awful. The secondary is probably above average. Sounds like a recipe for a below .500 team if we didn't have a special QB.
                  Yeah, imagine if we had a Deebo Samuel type guy. Herbert really needs help from RT, RB, to playmaking YAC receiver. Jared Cook sucks ass, really wish we kept Henry.

Comment

• dcblanton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2021
                    • Send PM

I've always felt like the Chargers were super talented, but couldn't stay healthy in previous years. That and Rivers tended to make mistakes in the biggest moments.

To act like Mike Williams or Keenan Allen are not one of the top receiving tandems in the NFL is laughable.

No one on early felt like the Raiders were more talented than the Chargers last night.

The Raiders just played more focused.

Obviously, Herbert threw the interception, but I think the two biggest plays were the fumbled punt and the Raiders stuffing 4th and 1 at the Chargers 18.

The biggest is probably the fumbled punt. But, Staley's aggressiveness should be reserved for great teams, not mediocre ones.

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

To act like Mike Williams or Keenan Allen are not one of the top receiving tandems in the NFL is laughable.

KA gets ZERO yards after he makes his 5-7 yard catch. He has also lost most of his quickness. MW doesn't get much separation at all. If he wasn't 6'5 he'd be out of the league. The smart defenses like the Patriots know this. They bring up the safeties and condense the field. It's an easy game plan.

Comment

• fanatic
                        Registered Chiefs Fan
                        • Dec 2021
                        • Southern California
                        • Realtor
                        • Send PM

KA gets ZERO yards after he makes his 5-7 yard catch. He has also lost most of his quickness. MW doesn't get much separation at all. If he wasn't 6'5 he'd be out of the league. The smart defenses like the Patriots know this. They bring up the safeties and condense the field. It's an easy game plan.
                        Would like the Bolts receivers in KC. After Hill KC is average at best.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          The thing I have been feeling for the last several weeks is that we have several premiere guys. Bosa, Derwin, Allen, Ekeler, Slater and Herbert. Most of the rest of the roster is serviceable to good. But just about every spot (with the few exceptions above) we are (or should be) looking to upgrade.

Some guys are developing, like Samuel, Adderley, Storm and Pipkins. I am not trying to make a very comprehensive list, but this roster needs to get better.

I do think Staley is on to some stuff that has made a weak roster more competitive. But if the Chargers are ever going to step up, they need to get better.
                          No team is loaded with stars up and down the roster. We lost to a team last night that has several of our cast offs and they all seemed to make plays. Big ones. You can’t tell me that the Raiders have a better roster. They just played better and didn’t make stupid mistakes like we did.

Comment

Working...
                          X