• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

IOL usually take 2 years to contribute. Tackles usually take 3 years to contribute. That's why you want to take OL prospects continuously.

You all are WAY more confident in Salyer right now than I am. Give him a year of development first unless he really shines in camp/preseason.
    Dont confuse confidence with desperation

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

I think Salyer can play RT with Feiler at RG.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        I think Salyer can play RT with Feiler at RG.

Sure they could play.... But could they make the playoffs with Salyer at RT and Feiler at RG?? I am crossing my fingers that we pick up an experienced OT or 2 when vets are released. This year more than ever it's Playoffs or Bust!

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Salyer graded out #1 in the country pressures allowed (2)
          among all offensive tackles and 0 sacks, in toughest conference and NFL breeding grounds of SEC suggests jump more plausible. However, his record also suggests he will be moved around given his guard flexibility and Chargers historical injury tendencies. Honestly hope this doesn’t happen but prepared if Linsley back flares up again and Zion kicks inside to Center and Salyer replacing him @ RG. Like continuity and keeping these two next door for years to come, however it shakes out. Norton and Pipkins are insurance and will get another opportunity, more than likely just not that first game against Vegas Raiders!

Yep and Tim Tebow won a national championship in college as well! IF he was so great he would have been drafted by round 4! He is a project player at best at this point and really not a viable option to be our starting RT! But I for sure like your enthusiasm!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I don’t think this coaching staff is starting Salyer at RT in week 1. i hope I’m wrong because they won’t start him if the competition is even close, he’ll have to blow them away. Jmo.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

What is the ideal right side of that OL ?

Aboushi Pipskin Feiler Jaimes Norton Salyer Johnson.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep and Tim Tebow won a national championship in college as well! IF he was so great he would have been drafted by round 4! He is a project player at best at this point and really not a viable option to be our starting RT! But I for sure like your enthusiasm!
                Tebow was a first round pick.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Clap back of the week.Ya it aint a thing but it should be.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I really like Salyer’s enthusiasm, not to mention Zion Johnson and Rashawn Slater. These are foundational building blocks in front of Justin Herbert. Yeah I feel real good about. Speaking of Slater, he fell to #13 because consensus thought he would be a OG with his 33” arm length. Well guess he proved them wrong.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That's not the point. To say a player did this and that in college football at a high level doesn't mean he has the right stuff to be a quality starter in the NFL at a high level. The poster was stating more or less, look what this guy did in college etc he should be the starter. Translated a great college player doesn't mean he steps into the starting role year 1 and everything is roses and sun shine. True Sayler had a nice college career, but there is a reason no one drafted him until round 6! Hope he comes in and blows it up, but you can't just plug the guy in to be our starter when RT is our weak link today.

Like I said if Slater misses some games we have Pip playing LT and Storm playing RT. Good luck with that. How dumb would TT look if this goes down and Herbert is getting constant pressure? Hard to beat the better teams probably in this scenario.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X