• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Exactly. Top 10 is misleading based off Left Side and some people want to change that and or let Pipkins Duke it out w/Storm….. :Beerbongn the right.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Speaking of depth. In today's NFL world I think rosters should be expanded from 53 to 60. To help curb injuries from being so devastating to teams.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Exactly. Top 10 is misleading based off Left Side and some people want to change that and or let Pipkins Duke it out w/Storm….. :Beerbongn the right.
        Misleading? Only if you ignore the results as a whole. The pass pro rating is based on team effectiveness. LAC OL were #10. Scho & Storm were not.
        Did the rest of the offense and coaches help? Of course they did. That's how the game is played. 11 personnel and playcalling.
        RE 2022, RG Scho is not a charger, 1st round draft pick Zion is a clear upgrade to Schofoeld. We're already better.
        RT will be decided after we get some practices in.
        Often times young players improve but if not with Storm, Pip there are multiple options on the roster.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Our good friend Tom Telesco has done an outstanding job this offseason....

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
            Speaking of depth. In today's NFL world I think rosters should be expanded from 53 to 60. To help curb injuries from being so devastating to teams.
            I don't know if what the right number for roster size is (but agree 53 is too small), but I absolutely HATE teams having to have players inactive each week. If you are on the roster you should be able to play.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
              Our good friend Tom Telesco has done an outstanding job this offseason....
              That depends on his gamble at RT. If he's made the right bet on that, this team will be much better on both sides of the ball.

The other three teams in the AFCW have also made some major moves. This years AFCW games are all going to be must-see games.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Misleading? Only if you ignore the results as a whole. The pass pro rating is based on team effectiveness. LAC OL were #10. Scho & Storm were not.
                Did the rest of the offense and coaches help? Of course they did. That's how the game is played. 11 personnel and playcalling.
                RE 2022, RG Scho is not a charger, 1st round draft pick Zion is a clear upgrade to Schofoeld. We're already better.
                RT will be decided after we get some practices in.
                Often times young players improve but if not with Storm, Pip there are multiple options on the roster.
                Schofield was return player, spun off ill advised exposure.

Necessary addition.

Discussed multiple posts Salyer will get his shot @ RT (want to say Slayer so bad) and win out, next to Zion is a slam dunk. Right side was shit last season. Numbers are skewed because not only left side competence but Herbert’s ability to escape pressure. Please spare us all. Give Herbert a real solid OL, with two rookies on right side, and get back to me. Of course have to wait three plus months.

Zion & Slater Law Firm.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Schofield was return player, spun off ill advised exposure.

Necessary addition.

Discussed multiple posts Salyer will get his shot @ RT (want to say Slayer so bad) and win out, next to Zion is a slam dunk. Right side was shit last season. Numbers are skewed because not only left side competence but Herbert’s ability to escape pressure. Please spare us all. Give Herbert a real solid OL, with two rookies on right side, and get back to me. Of course have to wait three plus months.

Zion & Slater Law Firm.
                  Having great players does that. Bummer?
                  The OL is better at a 4th starting position. That's a done deal.
                  They are better in depth. Done.
                  Starting RT - TBD (but it would be hard not to be better, even for Norton)
                  Get back to me when the 2022 OL has an actual problem.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Now too soon?

Who is our RT? That is a problem as the returning RT graded as one of the worst in the league, his backup is a question mark (are two better games late last year convincing enough than the previous two years of suckage?), and the other drafted (and undrafted, dark horse) rookie needs a lot of technique work (does Trainer? I dunno).

So not even a middling starter at RT. That’s a problem. Hoping somebody jumps out in front and surprises but right now, hard not to expect more of what we saw last year at that position, with Staley’s stated back up/back up plan moving Feiler there, but that creates another question mark/problem at a different position then, right? And, not like Feiler is a pro bowl RT, I would view him as that middling solution.

No way around it, RT is a problem currently. Again, hopefully a solution steps forward. I would call that at best 50/50 odds it happens.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Ditto

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                        I wonder if 53 is the right number, but 54-60 are usually going to be PS caliber players - it could let the teams with the most talent stash talent that could be playing on other teams possibly, which would not be good. Or allow teams to have more guys prepared to play - which would be good. I wonder if it would help, I really don’t know. If a team loses 5, 7, 10 starters, I doubt it matters how many more bottom tier players they have past 53. It is an interesting question though.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That depends on his gamble at RT. If he's made the right bet on that, this team will be much better on both sides of the ball.

The other three teams in the AFCW have also made some major moves. This years AFCW games are all going to be must-see games.
                          TT certainly has done an excellent job signing a combination of top-shelf and solid FA's...draft consensus from this board and the draftniks is TT/Staley got an "A" grade, or close to it. Yep, RT appears to be the only wild card, but if BOTH Staley and TT are sold on Pip at RT, I guess we trust their judgment...

Comment

Working...
                          X