• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

I admit that I thought Crede was from two years ago and so I was wrong about their draft. I loved Crede in college and hoped we'd pick him but we made the big FA signing for Lindsey instead. I do like Bolton but I wonder how he's fit in our defense. At any rate, I'll stand by my word - it's still early to say we had a bad draft. We also got our FB in this draft - not bad for a 7th round pick.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Maybe but Chargers reached in the 3rd round for a safety that is nowhere near ready to start games in the NFL. Other than the first round pick are the Chargers getting any contributions from this draft class?

Have you seen the Chiefs draft?
      I don't think any safety available in that 3rd round was going to start. Adderley was going to.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Here's the thing, WE NEED players to step in and start from this draft! But looking at the players could we plug Sayler in right now to play RT or LT and win? Maybe but probably not, so on top of the bad coaching to this point, the drafting done by TT and Staley is equally bad again to this point? Not saying we can't turn this around, but will we? Look what Dallas did, they drafted a OT with one of their top picks because they were looking at the potential of what happen? TT never does, so far.

The one question I have as a fan on the outside looking in is, do these players and this team want to win!
        Like who?
        Zion is starting.
        Woods was never going to start over Derwin or Adderley. But would be nice if he could contribute.
        Spiller wasnt going to start but would be nice if he was active.

The rest, no chance of starting but looks like Salyer may get some time if they move Fieler.

Who do you think should be starting?
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-28-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

It’s a head scratcher around the NFL for sure as to why TT neglected at least reaching for some depth at O-line prospects in last years draft. “Nah…we’re fine.”

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            It’s a head scratcher around the NFL for sure as to why TT neglected at least reaching for some depth at O-line prospects in last years draft. “Nah…we’re fine.”
            In the last few drafts, he’s spent two first round picks on OL, and drafted late rounders in Jaimes and Salyer (leaving out the, what, four or so OL FAs?). Remains to be seen if the backups pan out but the picks were made.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I admit that I thought Crede was from two years ago and so I was wrong about their draft. I loved Crede in college and hoped we'd pick him but we made the big FA signing for Lindsey instead. I do like Bolton but I wonder how he's fit in our defense. At any rate, I'll stand by my word - it's still early to say we had a bad draft. We also got our FB in this draft - not bad for a 7th round pick.

True I like Horvath but would rather have Pacheco Future stud. And their other 7th round pick stepped in at corner and won the game for them over Chargers. Have to keep objective. Chiefs 2022 draft from top to bottom was stellar.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Jamaree Salyer D6, '22 will start at LT vs Hou. Zion Johnson D1, '22 will start at RG.
                Rashawn Slater D1, '21 IR, Brenden Jaimes, D5, '21 OG depth.
                Starting LG Feiler, C Linsley were '21 FA signings.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Jamaree Salyer D6, '22 will start at LT vs Hou. Zion Johnson D1, '22 will start at RG.
                  Rashawn Slater D1, '21 IR, Brenden Jaimes, D5, '21 OG depth.
                  Starting LG Feiler, C Linsley were '21 FA signings.
                  Beat me by 30 seconds, dog.
                  Staley is climbing back towards genius level.
                  Yes wu is shocked and awed.
                  Do great work Jamaree.
                  Welcome to the starting lineup.

:More Q Please:
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Horse
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I like how Salyer moves his feet, were as Storm reaches.

:troll:

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

Preach!

It will take more than a yr or two to build depth.
                        Does it take more than 8 or 9?
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Like who?
                          Zion is starting.
                          Woods was never going to start over Derwin or Adderley. But would be nice if he could contribute.
                          Spiller wasnt going to start but would be nicenifbhe was active.

The rest, no chance of starting but looks lije Salyer may get soke time with if tjey move Fieler.

Who do you think should be starting?
                          Salyer is the guy pal! This is the player that was next man up and added for depth and it was always possible he would be asked to start this season. Would of liked to see a top flight RB rookie but again because of this crazy start to the season Spiller could be the starter by seasons end or playoffs! I think I have been reacting to the shock of this season but we all have to remember this is a marathon and not a race. We could be 2-2 after this week which could turn everything around. I keep thinking back to the 49ers way back in the day when Steve Young got blown out in an early game, after that it was night and day and they turned it around. Once we get Jackson in the mix, and Allen and Parham back I like our chances.

Comment

Working...
                          X