• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    Is anyone besides me gobsmacked Telesco hasn’t announced a Tackle, Edge, or WR trade or free agent signing yet?
    You know that Telesco does nothing during the season to make moves and improve? Except if it's for to get a draft pick.

Staley is the one to push for things. He's energetic and active.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Wow….he threw Guyton under the buss. Ouch!

But I did like him specifically mentioning Salyer…. Notice he didn’t say Norton…..hmmmmm
      You got that from Ekeler's quote? I think you are reacting to Velo's comments following.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

You got that from Ekeler's quote? I think you are reacting to Velo's comments following.
        LOL, yup. Need to read it again - Ekeler only had the one sentence in italics. The rest from from Velo.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yup like maybe grabbing a lineman in round 3 instead of reaching for a project who wont play this year....signing a FA tackle for depth

It is malpractise and incompetence to put Norton out there at either tackle with a banged up franchise QB. It is proven he is horrendous
          And if Derwin James was the one getting hurt, people would bitch that we didn't draft a safety to back him up with his injury history. I do not disagree that we need to continuously work on both lines but there are only so many picks and it's not like Slater had an injury history - torn bicep tendons are freak things.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
            I have to go change my depends after this this video.Too True! LOL!

I don't believe it's the trainer - we had a pretty good year so far as injuries go last year and we have the same trainer this year.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

I hope I’m wrong.. and I will be too happy to eat crow if Staley proves to be a decent coach. In my opinion, Staley has been given more talented teams than either Lynn or McCoy.

I was all for being aggressive with the 4th downs, but that 4th down attempt inside the chargers own 20 seemed both way too desperate at that point in the game, as well as detached.

I did not want to take the negative approach, so I kept quiet and just hoped Staley was just trying to change the culture, which was and still is very much needed. I’m not sure the Chargers were ever playing all that well this season, even before the injuries.

Lombardi gets so much of the blame in my opinion, but Staley is the one who hired him. I believe Lombardi has been solid overall, aside from this year’s running game.

The overall game plans have been surprisingly inconsistent and the halftime adjustments have been ineffective. I was all onboard with the Staley hire, but I’m having that buyer’s remorse feeling at the moment.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Linsley, Keenan and even Bosa will be gone by the end of next year. Not that they cannot play at a high level for a few games every season but because they cannot play at a high level for most of the season. Maybe even a few other high priced players in addition. After JC Jackson injury surgery we may have bought a lemon and I think he's only on the books for this year and next as well. There are just too many over priced players in the NFL who want extremely expensive insurance policies and it may start to show it's fangs on most NFL teams over the next two seasons and not just the Chargers.
                Disagree.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't believe it's the trainer - we had a pretty good year so far as injuries go last year and we have the same trainer this year.
                  Yes, last year we were 7th best in the league in games missed by players. This year is obviously going to be worse, but torn ACLs and ruptured bicep tendons are more just bad luck than anything else.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Losing Slater for the year is a huge blow... one we may not recover from this year.
                    The nagging injuries from Linsley and KA have really affected the offense.
                    When JC (and Bosa) are out... our defense suffers.
                    Hopefully those injuries don't persist.
                    Herbie didn't look like his confident self.
                    This could be a long year.

Comment

• Attack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2017
                      • Send PM

I have to go change my depends after this this video.Too True! LOL!

Didn't the entire strength and conditioning staff, training staff, diet staff, etc just get revamped when Staley came in last year and they changed how the team prepares for practices and games? The team had the least amount of injuries last yr in a long time, and got hit with injuries again this yr. I'm not buying what Florio said that they have been doing the same thing and need to change things....again. It sucks that injuries have hit the team hard again this yr, but it's early in the season.

Comment

• Attack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And if Derwin James was the one getting hurt, people would bitch that we didn't draft a safety to back him up with his injury history. I do not disagree that we need to continuously work on both lines but there are only so many picks and it's not like Slater had an injury history - torn bicep tendons are freak things.
                        Preach!

It will take more than a yr or two to build depth.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

At 2-5 his last 7 games, the trending arrow pointing downwards on Staley’s progress chart.
                          :below:

Comment

Working...
                          X