Bullshit.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      BTW on you tube yesterday there as a great clip from the Chris Sims show who provides excellent anaylsis on QBs tallking and diplaying about how the Chargers are putting way too much on Justin Herbert. I highly recommend watching it

It explains how the growing criticicm of Herbert arond the league is unfair but also that the Chargers really need to figure shit out.

This is actually the main reason i am venting on management and coaching, what they are doing with Justin Herbert. The best thing that has ever happened to this team, they are going down the path of fucking it up.
      Did you hear Popper point out that after succeeding Anthony Lynn, Brandon Staley has been below .500 for one game ?

Progress is not always reassuring in the short term.

Simms is paid to say something.

Charger analysis ATM should always be considered with the fact that there are extenuating circumstances.

We'll maybe get a breath of fresh air vs Miami.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Did you hear Popper point out that after succeeding Anthony Lynn, Brandon Staley has been below .500 for one game ?

Progress is not always reassuring in the short term.

Simms is paid to say something.

Charger analysis ATM should always be considered with the fact that there are extenuating circumstances.

We'll maybe get a breath of fresh air vs Miami.
        The tape doesnt lie

Terribly unimaginative playcalling

All 4 receivers on 10 yard curl routes? And the defence knows it, just like Fred Warner said

Simms actually stuck up for Herbert amongst the unfair growing heat he is taking in football circles,

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Sorry...quoted wrong post...but to answer your 999,999 comment, count up your posts about this horrible organization, vs my injury related posts...I watched you and your ilk whine for weeks before I chimed in...cant even find a football discussion on here anymore.
          The injury issue is mentioned frequently, in part because new injuries happen each week, making a dire situation even worse.

Also, for whatever reason, shit disturbers on TPB, are dismissive.

So much for aloha.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

The injury issue is mentioned frequently, in part because new injuries happen each week, making a dire situation even worse.

So much for aloha.
            So true, injuries have been relentless.

Its not just injuries to stud players , it is that there is 2 new ones every week

We get excited about Linsley and Williams returning and now Callahan and Derwin havent practiced all week before facing Hill and Waddle.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You clearly don't read my posts. I never root for mediocre.
              I always root for Chargers to win and do whatever it takes including giving up the farm to draft Burrow. Also have been driving the Telesco needs to go bandwagon for many years now. And have posted many times that Dean Spanos is a horrible owner who actually wouldn't own anything if his dad didn't give it to him. Talk about mediocrity, Dean Spanos is the poster child for it.

Staley is actually the bright spot in this organization. He knows what he is building and why. Going to get Mack and the back to back 1st Rd Oline picks are proof to me that Brandon knows the team must win at the line of scrimmage to be a contender. So Im driving the Staley bandwagon because it has a chance to be special, IMO.

If they do fire Brandon. They have to fire Telesco too.
              And they absolutely should hire Sean Payton.
              Will they?!?!

All terrific points!! It’s tough being a Chargers fan overall, but I have decades invested now, so it’s tough to get off this wagon now. I swear I go back and forth sometimes, but I should be thinking big picture instead.

Also, at the end of the day, I would rather ride positive where I can find it legitimately than focus on the negatives.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Corey Linsley has to be the best center the Chargers have ever had. I do not remember where a center has been so crucial to OL performance. I just hope the Chargers can get a couple more seasons out of him. When he is out, it becomes a very different movie.

The effects of Slater not being there has also had its ripple effect that gets lost by outsiders. It’s tough to find a premier OT where he can literally be left on an island against the top pass rushers in the game, which is so extremely rare. How else do you explain getting away with starting Storm at OT all season long?

The Chargers have talent to work with no doubt, but..

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

The tape doesnt lie

All 4 receivers on 10 yard curl routes? And the defence knows it, just like Fred Warner said

Simms actually stuck up for Herbert amongst the unfair growing heat he is taking in football circles,
                  Lombardi gave a very reasonable football answer. The Chargers were expecting Zone. Also, Keenan's post injury lack of explosion leaves us with a WR population not adept at creating separation.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

So true, injuries have been relentless.

Its not just injuries to stud players , it is that there is 2 new ones every week

We get excited about Linsley and Williams returning and now Callahan and Derwin havent practiced all week before facing Hill and Waddle.
                    To say nothing of re injuries.

The topic is quite relevant and is not only a crutch.

The issue is that QSmokey wants to funnel too much discussion towards fatalism and Spanos anger.

Low hanging fruit that is overripe IMHO.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

The tape doesnt lie

No, Fred Warner did not say that. Opinions are fine but please don't make shit up.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                        Corey Linsley has to be the best center the Chargers have ever..
                        or Will Clapp is the worst.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

So much for aloha.
                          Remember how I advised you to not engage these guys...how they couldnt be consoled...? Then after yet another week of nothing but pitchforks and flame, I crack, and jump in the fray...lol.

For some, the injury issue is too nefarious and intangible...the chaos of repeated misfortune is too uncomfortable to grasp...they need a real life scapegoat with horns and cloven hooves they can see and count...

Unwelcome, unpopular neighbors burned at the stake or drowned, because of failed crops or village wide illness...

Countless religions born over the millenia, with demigods and demons, to explain why a flood carries away their children, or a tree falls in the night, crushing a loved one...all because some human beings, even to this day, can't grasp one simple fact...sometimes shit just happens.

They have a right to vent, if it helps them feel better...I completely understand...its the spam posting, followed by labeling anyone who doesnt fall in line with their views as "Pollyannas" that gets my goat.

But what can you do?:dunno:
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X