• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Look at Roo go....made the draft, and is now ramping up for opening kickoff! Have not been around much this summer, but pop my head in once in awhile for proof of life!

So happy I wont be wearing #36 in TRIBUTE to you this season, but rather in SUPPORT of your fight with cancer. Every game....right up to, hopefully, the Big One.

But wait...there is more!

Your hitting the primetime old fella. I will be wearing the #36 Chargeroo jersey Monday night, December 26th in Indy when the Bolts face the Colts! Taking my 17 year old to our first live game! Lord willing, you might catch me on the tube, lol....

Hopes and prayers for you to enjoy even more time with your loved ones...the 2022 season is just the cherry on top, afterall....but thats cool too, right?

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
      Roo, I have been watching from afar and drawn strength and wisdom from you. Turns out my own battle with the big C has taken a turn for the worse. Hate to bring the board down but had to chime in that your posts have been really hitting home with me now. I was diagnosed with a form of leukemia a little over a year ago which has, to use the words of my hematologist a few days ago, "taken hold." Just before last season, my bloodwork indicated I'd make it thru to game 17. Scary how quickly all that changed last week. I split season tickets with a couple of others so normally the schedule announcement would be a day of excitement as I'd get ready to lay claim to a few games. Instead, that emotion has been replaced with a bunch of questions. Will I be there? Do I bail on the group now?
      Enough about my issues. I can't add much to what has already been said. God be with you. If I make it to my first tailgate, know that a toast to you will be the first order of the day! Who knows, maybe we'll both be there!
      I still pray each morning for you Bolts54 but I have not seen a post from you in far too long. Please let us know where you are in your fight against cancer.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

What are your plans for watching the game, Roo?

<bump>

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
          What are your plans for watching the game, Roo?

<bump>
          No big plan. My son was supposed to come up and join me for these two games but his job has put a stop to that, so it's just me and my TV. This is a game that I was never supposed to be alive for but Jesus is helping me.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

No big plan. My son was supposed to come up and join me for these two games but his job has put a stop to that, so it's just me and my TV. This is a game that I was never supposed to be alive for but Jesus is helping me.
            I know that *eye*, for one, will be there in spirit with you and your TV, thankful for the miracle that you're still with us to start what could be an epic season for the Bolts.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

So stoked you have made it this far Roo. You are god luck for sure. Hope to see you start this weeks GDT.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                So stoked you have made it this far Roo. You are god luck for sure. Hope to see you start this weeks GDT.
                I'm having a hard time believing I'm still here. I sure thought I was on my way to heaven back in April. Just one working lung and the one that is working has a tumor in it but with the help of God, I'm still here. I'll be honored to start the GDT this week.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm having a hard time believing I'm still here. I sure thought I was on my way to heaven back in April. Just one working lung and the one that is working has a tumor in it but with the help of God, I'm still here. I'll be honored to start the GDT this week.
                  Its pretty spiritual for me personally to witness it. Thanks man.

Ill make sure Bolt-O and myself look out for your GDT.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

While I did not pray for a Chargers win on Sunday morning, I did ask that it be a day that made Chargeroo happy. I think that was accomplished.......Now for tomorrow morning........

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm praying for the miracle of Jesus Christ to heal Justin Herbert and keep him healthy. As well as Herbert to find God in all of this.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Bump. I hope things are going well for you Roo!

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Bump. I hope things are going well for you Roo!
                          Likewise, like so many here I don't chime in enough to let you know we're thinking and and praying for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X