• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerBooster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Greetings Chargeroo !

I’m the fellow-fan, poster from the U T Tribune board, with the very same user name _ ChargerBooster.

Glad you’re still here; but sorry for the news and can only wish you the very best in all of it ! Hope they’re all treating you very well.

Many posts, many topics, many Chargers seasons, drafts and games. . .Covered a lot of ground (or yards).

With all good thoughts and prayers. Jim H. Aka “ChargerBooster”.

Note from ChargetBooster: Confusing upcoming game Vs. the Chiefs; win is always good, but doggone it, a loss would put our entire draft, as it currently stands, in a more advantageous positioning.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
      Greetings Chargeroo !

I’m the fellow-fan, poster from the U T Tribune board, with the very same user name _ ChargerBooster.

Glad you’re still here; but sorry for the news and can only wish you the very best in all of it ! Hope they’re all treating you very well.

Many posts, many topics, many Chargers seasons, drafts and games. . .Covered a lot of ground (or yards).

Note from ChargetBooster: Confusing upcoming game Vs. the Chiefs; win is always good, but doggone it, a loss would put our entire draft, as it currently stands, in a more advantageous positioning.
      Thanks so much. Have you been at the UT all this time?

I feel the same way about this game. I've been a Charger fan for sooo long and I've always hoped they'd win but this time, I think it would be best for them to lose.

Welcome to the forum here.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargerBooster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Thanks Chargeroo. Good to hear from you and thanks for the welcome.

No, much as I used to love it and it was almost always a daily part of my life, I wasn’t a participant in the UT board since the franchise left.

As to tomorrows game, will have to wait-and-see; it’s nail-biting time. How alien, strange and bizarre that I almost want us to lose ? ! Goes against so much; goes against everything. Well regardless, if the Chargers ‘Win one for the Gipper’, no wait, make that one for the ‘Giff-er’, we’ll still have a good slotting in the upcoming draft, but, oh my, how unbelievably loftier our position will be in every round should we lose. It’s game night, so we’ll all soon watch it unfold.

Note from ChargerBooster: It’s almost like this game should have asterisks surrounding it in the records. Without going into the full laundry list, and it’s a lengthy one, a win is a win. Hope I’m not choking on that statement come draft day.

Take great care Chargeroo ! Good to be in touch. Long time.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Greetings Chargeroo !

Remember the "separated at birth" thread from 2005(ish) at the Sign On San Diego board?

I literally laughed so hard a cried, multiple times.

Comment

• ChargerBooster
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Remember the Esteban threads ?

Note from ChargerBooster: Well ‘Roo good news and bad news time. First the bad news: We did lose the game. Good News ? We are sitting pretty with the fifth (# 5) pick in the upcoming draft. Now it’s up to Dean Spanos to find a G.M. and Head Coach; I’m hoping they can even find one, since they can’t find their way back home with directions. Oh well, always hoping. On the further Good News side, if I’m not mistaken, the last time we had a # 5 pick it turned out to be one Ladanian Tomlinson, RB - T.C.U. If we can do just half-as-well with this one, we’ll have one heckuva player ! All the best.
            Last edited by ChargerBooster; 01-07-2024, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Hello. I'm just checking in here to bring more mojo to those who need it. I'm happy to see your post Chargeroo.

Go Chargers, Next Year.
              Last edited by Craig440; 01-08-2024, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2023
                • Send PM

I'm posting for Roo.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post
                  I'm posting for Roo.
                  What does that mean?

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

What does that mean?
                    Just thinking of him.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Remember the Esteban threads ?
                      Esteban was the best.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Esteban was the best.
                        I don’t recall those threads, but do you remember the “most interesting man in the world” commercials? I used to jokingly immitate those commercials while doing a morning walk with my wife and the daughter in law was pregnant with her first born. I would joke in a cheesy accent that his name will be Esteban and he will be the most interesting man in the world while I made up a litany of skills he would possess.

Well, he’s now 13, got a silky smooth golf swing, straight A’s, plays concert level classical piano, chess and rubic cube master, bilingual….and his middle name is Esteban.

He’s off to a good start on that “most interesting….” title.
                        Last edited by Riverwalk; 01-18-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Great news Roo.. Chargers just hired Harbaugh!!

Comment

Working...
                          X