• Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Carrethers

I have to wonder if he is nicked up or if he is just not considered that valuable in the rotation. With the D-line being manhandled in the trenches and gashed on running plays I don't see where he could be that much worse than Lissemore. Also, Philon needs to play more.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

We needed Carrethers today. They just killed us on the ground. Hopefully MM won't make that mistake again.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The Chargers will get gashed up the middle every game this year. The only question is whether or not they can make enough stops and play well in other aspects of the game to win games. (That's the philosophy of the defense. That's how they draft.)
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

The coaching staff just must not think Carrethers is ready to contribute.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I completely trust they are making the right decision.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            I completely trust they are making the right decision.
            Me too.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Same way they feel about Ladarius Green.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                Same way they feel about Ladarius Green.
                If Carrethers missed as many plays as Green did his first few years than they are correct.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

You guys are correct. We get ANIHILATED up the middle every week.
                  And yet, year after year, draft after draft, NO ONE here believes this team needs a traditional 3-4 NT.
                  It's painfully obvious you need a big ugly in the middle to keep your ILB's clean so THEY can make plays.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    You guys are correct. We get ANIHILATED up the middle every week.
                    And yet, year after year, draft after draft, NO ONE here believes this team needs a traditional 3-4 NT.
                    It's painfully obvious you need a big ugly in the middle to keep your ILB's clean so THEY can make plays.
                    I'll let Steve make the argument here. He makes a good one and convinced me he's right. Nose tackle is not nearly as important as it used to be.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

If Carrethers missed as many plays as Green did his first few years than they are correct.
                      Sitting on the bench is a guaranteed way to miss plays.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

AS bad as the run D was, getting pushed around, it was the lack of pass rush that killed us. They used their run game to keep us honest and wear our D down. But they scored their points in the passing game. And it was the chunk plays in the passing game that finished their drives.

I also think you are overestimating how physical most teams are in their running games. Most teams are not favoring the run game like Cinci does.

This was the first game in quite a while where we did actually get pushed around in the running game. Most of the times we give up a lot of run yardage, it is because of our poor fits in the run game and bad tackling. The bad tackling was there, but they kept pushing us back and driving us 2 and 3 yards after contact. Still, with the penalties, and the few negative plays we made, they couldn't sustain their drives without the pass.

I was surprised Unrein, and the rest of the NT were active and Carrethers was not.

Comment

Working...
                        X