The Difference Between Us and The Bengals...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    They built a defense with lots of FA.
    There are 5 FA on their D (plus Eli Apple, but he was a street FA).

DE - Henderickson - '21
    NT - Reader - '20
    CB - Awuzie - '20
    SS - Bell - '20
    NB - Hiton - '21

And of those 5, Hilton was a college FA and Awuzie was a failed 2nd round pick of the cowboys. Hendrickson was a 3rd round pick who did nothing for 2.5 years before he finally started to play well, then had 1 good season for NO and got the big contract from Cin.

It's also worth noting that Damion Square is on the Bengals roster (according to Ourlads).

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Hold the Texans under 41 and none of this 4th down shit matters. Y'all fixating.

We actually lost by 1 point....I sorta went back in time and tried to change the past. I screwed up and the new reality which became your present future at that time lead to the Chargers losing by 12 points.

My bad that one was on me. I did get us the Giants win though.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

To build on this, the Bengals actually spent big in FA on defense in 2020 and 2021. It finally paid off this offseason. But generally speaking you don’t often get the return that the Bengals did by spending so much in FA. Some luck involved as well.

With that being said, I don’t think it’ll take us two offseason to build up this defense. We just need to make the rights choices. Or mostly right lol.
        A lot of improvement to be had by getting rid of dead wood (Harris, Murray, Tillery).

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

DE - Henderickson - '21
          NT - Reader - '20
          CB - Awuzie - '20
          SS - Bell - '20
          NB - Hiton - '21

And of those 5, Hilton was a college FA and Awuzie was a failed 2nd round pick of the cowboys. Hendrickson was a 3rd round pick who did nothing for 2.5 years before he finally started to play well, then had 1 good season for NO and got the big contract from Cin.

It's also worth noting that Damion Square is on the Bengals roster (according to Ourlads).
          He was in the game today. I said to myself... "That can't be OUR Damion Square..."

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

It is also worth noting that Cinci has most of their players are draft picks, with a few street and college FA mixed in.

The most accurate, up to date NFL Depth Charts and Rosters on the net for reality football, fantasy owners and fans.

They have a lot of quality picks and they make the most of them. They have 12 starters who were their draft picks, they are 3-1st rounders, 4-2nd rounders, 3-3rd rounders, a 5th rounder (TE) and 6th (RG). They have a street FA at LG (Quinton Spain), and at CB (Eli Apple - former #1 pick), a waiver wire picked from Miami at RT (filling in for Riley Reiff) and CFA at C.

BJ Hill they got from the Giants by trading a former #1 pick (Billy Price - C), who while highly regarded, just never played well after getting hurt preparing for the draft.

DE - Henderickson - '21 (3rd rd in pick in '17 for NO) - $14.5 mill cap #
            NT - Reader - '20 (5th rd in '16 for Hou) - $13.7 mill cap
            CB - Awuzie - '20 (2nd rd in '17 for Dallas - $7.3 mill cap #
            SS - Bell - '20 (2nd rd in '16 for NO) - $7.5 mill cap #
            NB - Hiton - '21 (CFA 2016 for Jags, but only played for Pitt) - $5.0 mill cap #.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

It is also worth noting that Cinci has most of their players are draft picks, with a few street and college FA mixed in.

The most accurate, up to date NFL Depth Charts and Rosters on the net for reality football, fantasy owners and fans.

They have a lot of quality picks and they make the most of them. They have 12 starters who were their draft picks, they are 3-1st rounders, 4-2nd rounders, 3-3rd rounders, a 5th rounder (TE) and 6th (RG). They have a street FA at LG (Quinton Spain), and at CB (Eli Apple - former #1 pick), a waiver wire picked from Miami at RT (filling in for Riley Reiff) and CFA at C.

BJ Hill they got from the Giants by trading a former #1 pick (Billy Price - C), who while highly regarded, just never played well after getting hurt preparing for the draft.

DE - Henderickson - '21 (3rd rd in pick in '17 for NO) - $14.5 mill cap #
              NT - Reader - '20 (5th rd in '16 for Hou) - $13.7 mill cap
              CB - Awuzie - '20 (2nd rd in '17 for Dallas - $7.3 mill cap #
              SS - Bell - '20 (2nd rd in '16 for NO) - $7.5 mill cap #
              NB - Hiton - '21 (CFA 2016 for Jags, but only played for Pitt) - $5.0 mill cap #.
              Nice good breakdown.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

A lot of improvement to be had by getting rid of dead wood (Harris, Murray, Tillery).
                I wouldn’t give up on Murray and Tillery given their age and rookie contract unless we can find a suitable trade partner. As it is, we should at least see if they can get better with another year under Staley’s scheme. Tillery can at least provide value on passing downs.

Harris is a FA anyway since he was only signed for two years.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

DE - Henderickson - '21
                  NT - Reader - '20
                  CB - Awuzie - '20
                  SS - Bell - '20
                  NB - Hiton - '21

Square is a journeyman now. He's bounced around a lot. He's a player that a team takes only if they don't have much good options. He'll go back to their practice squad after their game against KC.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                    They kick FIELDGOALS... We don't.

:More Q Please:
                    and the Chiefs don't right before halftime:horsepiss:

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I wouldn’t give up on Murray and Tillery given their age and rookie contract unless we can find a suitable trade partner. As it is, we should at least see if they can get better with another year under Staley’s scheme. Tillery can at least provide value on passing downs.

Harris is a FA anyway since he was only signed for two years.
                      If we can pull off a trade like Cinci did, I would do it in a second (something similar to trading Billy Price for BJ Hill). But the Giants were desperate and somewhat loaded on DL, and that is not a very common occurrence to see trades like that. Billy Price is not a very accomplished pass blocker, but a solid run blocker. Hill has never really been a starter, and he was not a very good fit to the Giants 34D. He does his best work as a power 3 tech player, clogging the run, and using his power to push the pocket upfield.

There is still a chance that both Murray and Tillery can develop into the players we felt they would be. Let's just say it's not betting odds. Tillery is playing well enough he could still be a situational pass rusher, which is a pretty good skill to have. But both would still be considered disappointments.

Murray is a major disappointment. If he is going to have a chance, you have to put him in a D that doesn't force him to make a lot of reads. Give him quick, simple key's and don't ask him to think too much. He is a pretty good downhill thumper who can cover pretty well in man coverage. But we have him playing mostly zone and in a D that does a lot of reading and reacting (double keying). Like I said, I am not sure he will turn into a solid or great player even if you simplify things and play to his strengths, but I don't see how he is going to turn things around with us, it's just too far out of his comfort zone. I am not sure why anyone would trade for him unless they know something we don't. If they are patient, they could probably get him for nothing.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Can you see who got pushed around on that last run play? Minute 2:46....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• DennisR91
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2021
                          • Send PM

Hindsight looked like a sandwich game

previous week

chiefs just played the bills which before that game I told my friend was the real superbowl

bengals beat raiders which don’t have to really explain lol
                          but who had just won their Super Bowl against the chargers :/

chiefs and bills got bad seeding

if u get in the playoffs any can happen but not necirily

Comment

Working...
                          X