• Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

Yeah but we need GREAT.
      There aren't any great DTs.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
        Whatever big hole we didn't fill in FA.
        I agree that we really cannot tell because we do not yet know what is going to happen in free agency.

So, my answer is based upon what our needs are now.

While I think that CB and DT are big team needs, I do not like the value of the early DTs and CBs relative to our draft position.

Specifically, in regard to the player most frequently mocked to us, while I like Jordan Davis, I do not see him as being as good as players like Ngata and Lawrence, who went in the same general range (within 5 picks) as we are drafting from now.

I like Treylon Burks at WR (do want to see what he does at the combine), but if we re-sign Mike Williams, our other team needs will be far greater and taking an early WR will increase the pressure we are facing to fill our positions of greater need.

Comment

• AL9000
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2022
          • San Diego, CA
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

There aren't any great DTs.
          Jordan Davis would like a word with you.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Jordan Davis would like a word with you.
            If by 'great' you mean 'really big' sure.

His film shows an inconsistent player who makes a lot of his plays jumping behind pulling OL while the rest of the D stalls the runner. He plays like a really big finesse DT. And he only plays 35% of snaps and still takes plays off.

He has high upside but will need to completely rework his game. High bust factor. Not a "great" prospect like Suh or Vea or the like were.

There are other high upside players like Winfrey and Mathis and Wyatt who don't have as big of a name.

Comment

• AL9000
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2022
              • San Diego, CA
              • Send PM

His film shows an inconsistent player who makes a lot of his plays jumping behind pulling OL while the rest of the D stalls the runner. He plays like a really big finesse DT. And he only plays 35% of snaps and still takes plays off.

He has high upside but will need to completely rework his game. High bust factor. Not a "great" prospect like Suh or Vea or the like were.

There are other high upside players like Winfrey and Mathis and Wyatt who don't have as big of a name.
              I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree then. Dude is a freak and with NFL coaching will be a monster IMO.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree that we really cannot tell because we do not yet know what is going to happen in free agency.

So, my answer is based upon what our needs are now.

While I think that CB and DT are big team needs, I do not like the value of the early DTs and CBs relative to our draft position.

Specifically, in regard to the player most frequently mocked to us, while I like Jordan Davis, I do not see him as being as good as players like Ngata and Lawrence, who went in the same general range (within 5 picks) as we are drafting from now.

I like Treylon Burks at WR (do want to see what he does at the combine), but if we re-sign Mike Williams, our other team needs will be far greater and taking an early WR will increase the pressure we are facing to fill our positions of greater need.
                There are some good speed WR propsects later like Skyy Moore, Jalen Tolbert, Romeo Doubs, Christian Watson, Calvin Austin.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree then. Dude is a freak and with NFL coaching will be a monster IMO.
                  I think people are seeing the player they want him to be rather than whats on film. Everyone looks great in highlights, but even in highlights he's jumping gaps rather than controlling the LOS. I agree he has high upside. He lacks the production and film of a great propsect.

Comment

There are some good speed WR propsects later like Skyy Moore, Jalen Tolbert, Romeo Doubs, Christian Watson, Calvin Austin.
                    I like both Moore and Watson as possibilities later in the draft.

Comment

I think people are seeing the player they want him to be rather than whats on film. Everyone looks great in highlights, but even in highlights he's jumping gaps rather than controlling the LOS. I agree he has high upside. He lacks the production and film of a great propsect.
                      I agree with your take regarding Davis. He has some ability and makes some good plays, but he is not that powerful and he is not that quick. He is mainly just really big and harder to move because of that. Dexter Lawrence was taken at 1-17 in 2019 (the year we took Tillery) and Lawrence is much better than Davis.

I see Davis as a mid round 2 player, maybe even a little later than that.

I do not see any 3-4 DL players that I would be comfortable with us drafting in round 1 in this year's draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

remember Lawrence and Vea getting regularly dissed on the forum for just the same.... I think Davis has notable lateral agility/cat quickness.... for a man of his size and girth.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                          Interesting this poll last year had plenty of vote and replies.

Yes without knowing who was drafted before is a huge factor. However I would like to see what everyone feels our first pick or position of need is. Obviously FA is a factor as well. Thanks for playing. :blahblah::blahblah::banghead::cheers:
                          pls draft the player and not for position of need....
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X