• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    Drop the zone blocking, finesse bullshit, challenge their manhood and go back to a basic power blocking technique? I'm just throwing a turd on the table for shits and grins.
    I mentioned this in a couple different threads. I also wonder if it would cut down on the injuries if OUR guys were the ones smashing instead of getting smashed.

I imagine it's hard to do mid-season, though.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Weather zone or power, Gordon can excel the question is what can the players this week do best as a unit.

I am not expecting a big change in anything. I hope to see Gordon get 21+ run ng plays and 5 passing plays. Let him get a bunch of reps to see if by feeding him he can change the game.

Use Woodhead as a get out of trouble wild card instead of a crutch for Rivers while Gates is out.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

No reason why Gordon and Woodhead can't be on the field at the same time. Make the D defend every weapon and the whole field. But, of course, that all begins with protecting Rivers.
        sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
          (Coryellian)
          • Jun 2013
          • Point Loma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          No reason why Gordon and Woodhead can't be on the field at the same time. Make the D defend every weapon and the whole field. But, of course, that all begins with protecting Rivers.
          I have been thinking the same thing, Mako. I think it would create a lot of havoc for any defense to have Gordon & Woodhead on the field together. Not sure why McCoy/Reich haven't rolled out with such a formation, unless as you alluded to---perhaps there's just not enough protection for PR.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think Gordon's weak point is pass protection (similar to Mathews) so when he's in it's pretty much a running play. With the crap OL I'm sure that plays into their thinking. Not sure if having Woodhead back there with him solves this problem.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

It's hard to adapt to missing both TEs, 4 OL, 3 CBs, a S, and our best pass rusher.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Predicting we don't win another game until more than half those guys are back.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  It's hard to adapt to missing both TEs, 4 OL, 3 CBs, a S, and our best pass rusher.
                  I agree. And I'm glad you mentioned the "Gates factor" by mentioning both TE's are out. Gates is Rivers' security blanket and teams know they have to double cover him. That backs safeties off the line just a little which helps the running game. Will Gates coming back cure things? Of course not, but it will help.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

I think its simple... the Min Def Coordinator basically said he was going to harrass Rivers all day.. he said it during the week. Our coaches were simply outcoached.

"If you don't get to him get around his feet and get him a little nervous in the pocket," Vikings defensive end Brian Robinson acknowledged Wednesday, "he can pick you apart."
                    Last edited by foreigner; 10-01-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Can we run something similar to what Miami ran during their hay days? Gordon, Bo and Woody as our Kick, Czonka and Morris? Do we have the blocking for it? Not a perfect comparison but our RBs are damn good weapons as others have said, can we simplify blocking schemes mid-season and ease the burden on Rivers, unleash him and the receiving corps as needed (but always with the threat of a RB getting loose...just seems maybe we're doing this O thing backwards, looking at our personnel). 2 cents.
                      Last edited by blueman; 10-01-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

No we can't. None of them is FB material.
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Not when all three RBs are closer to Kiick than Csonka and Morris.

Comment

Working...
                          X