• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

I was right!

1. The middle of our offensive line still sucks.

2. Our 2014 draft had too many injury-prone players, and Watt shouldn't be our starting center.

3. Re-signing Donald Butler still was stupid as shit.

4. Corey Liuget is mediocre at best. Why did we extend his contract?

5. Branden Oliver is better than Donald Brown.

6. The Spanoses are dickheads.

7. The Raiders suck - This argument I started in 1981, when I first learned how to use "sucks balls" in a sentence. I took a lot of shit for this stance in the 80s, but goddamn was I right! Suck on that, Fernando from the first grade.

I'm not usually into deep-throating my ego's cock, but, because this is my last year as a fan, and, because I feel like my near-40-years of fandom have been mostly in support of the evil Spanoses and the more-evil NFL, I need to at least show off that I won a few arguments.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2015, 05:35 PM.
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

TT is right too and he may have disturbing trend starting

1. FA signed CB Derrick Cox in 2013 for $$$ then cut in 2014 off-season
    2. FA signed RB Donald Brown in 2014 for $$ then cut in 2015 3 games into the season
    3. Extension to LB Donald Butler in 2014 off-season, played like crap in 2014 season, not looking worth the $$$ in 2015 will he be the next cut?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Your forgetting something...

That's a hint...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Longest yard: Chargers nil in punt returns
        By Michael Gehlken | 5:05 p.m. Oct. 3, 2015

Chargers Jacoby Jones looks on during a game against the Cowboys. — K.C. Alfred
        ��
        ✉⎙
        Special teams is about finding the hidden yardage.

The Chargers' return teams enter Sunday still searching.

San Diego has totaled zero punt return yards through the first three games. Sunday's opponent, the Browns, leads the league with 173 yards on 10 returns. The two teams are more even in the kickoff game, as their offenses have an average starting position of the 19.4-yard line following a kickoff, tied for sixth-worst in the league.

Wide receiver Jacoby Jones was signed in March to bolster the return game.

So far, due to injury, he’s been unable to contribute. He sprained an ankle three weeks ago during the season opener and will miss his third straight game Sunday. Jones has yet to practice since the ailment but continues to progress in his rehab.

His absence has left running back Branden Oliver at kick returner and wide receiver Keenan Allen at punt returner.

Allen muffed a Week 2 punt, leading to a Bengals touchdown. He was conservative on his first return of Week 3, calling for a fair catch with no Vikings cover men within 10 yards. Later, he returned a punt for 11 yards off a bounce, but it was negated on a holding penalty.

Maybe this is the week.

Whatever happens, the Chargers notably will welcome back their special teams coordinator to the sideline. Kevin Spencer missed the past two games due to a personal issue. Team officials declined to elaborate, but Spencer was back at practice this past week.

Wide receiver Travis Benjamin is Cleveland's punt return man

He had a 78-yard return for a touchdown in Week 2 against the Titans.

“There’s the good and there’s the bad,” coach Mike McCoy said. "We had the turnover one week, and the ball hit the ground last week. But it’s not just the returner. It’s very similar to when (someone asks) about (Melvin Gordon in) the running game. There’s 10 other guys that have to do their jobs better. There’s some things we’re definitely going to improve on. There’s been some things you look at and say, ‘That’s the way it should be.’ "

Absolutely no depth at special teams key positions.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I did not know we were without our special teams coach for two weeks. That might explain why the coaches didn't notice that Keenan Allen isn't a skilled punt returner.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I think Fluker will need a year to pick up the complexities of a zone blocking scheme. Its not easy. He may need to drop a bunch of weight as well. I think the OL hasnt been good since we lost Hardwick. We need a stud OC again. Id make that a priority in the draft or FA.

Patriots look better than ever and when you look at their drafts they have take i think 10 OL/DL in the last 2 drafts. And they are really helping them right now. This team was in a lot worse shape when TT took over. Hes made some really good draft selections but a few shitty UFA signings. And we needed alot of help in other areas. 2016 should be the time we really start rebuilding the trenches.

The defensive coaching needs to be changed. Im not sold on that side of the ball. And Reich really can be predictable. It seems like whenever Gordon is in he gets the ball. When Woody is in a pass play. It just seems so obvious to me what plays are coming. I love woody but Gordon is actually producing the run yards(4.3 and woody 3.6) and has done that with next to nothing as far as holes go. The way you keep opposing O's off the field is my being able to run the ball.

I think more than ever now with the OL in shambles Gordon should see more work. We need to let him start racking up the chunks. He will go 1...6...2...20..2...3..15...5..20...8..4...2..9 etc like LT used to do when he was getting 30 carries a game.

I love Woody but there has to be a way to get Gordon more carries.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Get him some well designed pass plays. Early in the game, then go back to one or two before the half. Start the second half showing a tell of the screen but go to the WR deep or to the TE up the seem.

I would love to see a more traditional offence with River under Center on half of the plays with Gordon in the game. Let him do what he does best how he does it best.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Its a shame that the trenches have either been ignored or the wrong guys have been brought in.

In 3 seasons what free agents have been brought in that are still here helping the team? Danny Woodhead and...

Derek Cox, Jacoby Jones, Mitch Unrein, Dallas Walker, Dwight Freeney, Thomas Keiser, Max Starks, John Phillips, Crezdon Butler, Kavell Conner, Reggie Walker, Brandon Ghee?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It could be how we are perceived by the FA market as well. Unfortunately our coaches have not had connections to good players but have rather been used for a good paycheck.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Its a shame that the trenches have either been ignored or the wrong guys have been brought in.

In 3 seasons what free agents have been brought in that are still here helping the team? Danny Woodhead and...

Derek Cox, Jacoby Jones, Mitch Unrein, Dallas Walker, Dwight Freeney, Thomas Keiser, Max Starks, John Phillips, Crezdon Butler, Kavell Conner, Reggie Walker, Brandon Ghee?
                    Brandon Flowers, King Dunlap, Stevie Johnson, Jimmy Wilson

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I think Fluker will need a year to pick up the complexities of a zone blocking scheme. Its not easy. He may need to drop a bunch of weight as well. I think the OL hasnt been good since we lost Hardwick. We need a stud OC again. Id make that a priority in the draft or FA.

Patriots look better than ever and when you look at their drafts they have take i think 10 OL/DL in the last 2 drafts. And they are really helping them right now. This team was in a lot worse shape when TT took over. Hes made some really good draft selections but a few shitty UFA signings. And we needed alot of help in other areas. 2016 should be the time we really start rebuilding the trenches.

The defensive coaching needs to be changed. Im not sold on that side of the ball. And Reich really can be predictable. It seems like whenever Gordon is in he gets the ball. When Woody is in a pass play. It just seems so obvious to me what plays are coming. I love woody but Gordon is actually producing the run yards(4.3 and woody 3.6) and has done that with next to nothing as far as holes go. The way you keep opposing O's off the field is my being able to run the ball.

I think more than ever now with the OL in shambles Gordon should see more work. We need to let him start racking up the chunks. He will go 1...6...2...20..2...3..15...5..20...8..4...2..9 etc like LT used to do when he was getting 30 carries a game.

I love Woody but there has to be a way to get Gordon more carries.
                      The team was 8-8 with one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.

Other than getting rid of Norv, I don't see how we're in a lot better shape.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        TT is right too and he may have disturbing trend starting

1. FA signed CB Derrick Cox in 2013 for $$$ then cut in 2014 off-season
                        2. FA signed RB Donald Brown in 2014 for $$ then cut in 2015 3 games into the season
                        3. Extension to LB Donald Butler in 2014 off-season, played like crap in 2014 season, not looking worth the $$$ in 2015 will he be the next cut?
                        I'm starting to worry that Orlando Franklin takes that crown this year.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                        X