• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
    I wasn't actually mad. I was just maddening. I really was sorry I got you upset - you're on my top 5 list of favorite posters. I don't like it when I actually piss people off, and I've quit a couple times to let people forget what a dick I am sometimes. I suck at knowing when I'm really getting on somebody's nerves on the Internet. That is - until it's obvious.

The username is just playing on my image. I've kind of just gone with it - I mean every weekend is still a pretty good average even if I'm not really Jeff Spicoli. I tried to change after you made it clear I should. I don't know how to change my name. I'd like to just be ifthethunder or thelightningwill again.
    Its all good man. Im not mad. I honestly feel like shit after that win. Between the Chargers and my fantasy teams its been really negative vibes running through my body. Its possible im just picking up negative energy from posters. I think its warranted. The Bolts have issues right now.

Cheers.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      I think you hit the pipe too much. You keep saying how good Ingram is. How many sacks does he have this season? Attaochu was getting better pressure. Our 5th round rookie has been a better pass rusher. May as well move Ingram to ILB and sit Butler.
      Yes. Until this year, I noticed the correlation between games Ingram plays and games we win. I still think Ingram is good when he's healthy. He misses a lot of games, which puts him in the Ryan Mathews category of not really worth it.

Attaochu made some plays today. It's the first time I've noticed him since his first game against the Cards last season. Like Ingram, dude's been injured a lot. Unlike Ingram, him playing doesn't usually equal wins.

Our 5th-round rookie has been somebody at times, which is good for a 5th-round rookie. He hasn't been as good as Ingram.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by attila View Post
        But you just said kicking the XP was the right call. Why would you kick with an inferior player when you could get twice as many points by completing a 2 yd play with your best player? And fyi the Cleveland catch: a knee or elbow has always counted for a reception for as long as Ive been watching (20 years). Not a new rule.
        Well that's a good point. Touche.

Just one knee counts? I always thought it was 2 feet (or knees) that were needed in bounds. But whatever. You obviously were right unless the refs totally fucked that up somehow.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by attila View Post
          But you just said kicking the XP was the right call. Why would you kick with an inferior player when you could get twice as many points by completing a 2 yd play with your best player? And fyi the Cleveland catch: a knee or elbow has always counted for a reception for as long as Ive been watching (20 years). Not a new rule.
          Actually, if there was a time to take a chance with Rivers and put the game out of reach, this was it. This is where you put the ball and the game in your QB's hand.

The worst that could happen in this situation was a tie ball game which ended up happening anyways when the browns converted the two points themselves.

So if I had to fault Mccoy on a call today, this was it. Well this and that second timeout he used on 3rd and 2 when the browns were driving at the end of the second half.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Its all good man. Im not mad. I honestly feel like shit after that win. Between the Chargers and my fantasy teams its been really negative vibes running through my body. Its possible im just picking up negative energy from posters. I think its warranted. The Bolts have issues right now.

Cheers.
            Glad it's all good.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
              Actually, if there was a time to take a chance with Rivers and put the game out of reach, this was it. This is where you put the ball and the game in your QB's hand.

The worst that could happen in this situation was a tie ball game which ended up happening anyways when the browns converted the two points themselves.

So if I had to fault Mccoy on a call today, this was it. Well this and that second timeout he used on 3rd and 2 when the browns were driving at the end of the second half.
              Yes. That was dumb.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

I still don't understand why we didn't go for two there. Has McCoy answered for that decision on the post-game show?
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Yes. Until this year, I noticed the correlation between games Ingram plays and games we win. I still think Ingram is good when he's healthy. He misses a lot of games, which puts him in the Ryan Mathews category of not really worth it.

Attaochu made some plays today. It's the first time I've noticed him since his first game against the Cards last season. Like Ingram, dude's been injured a lot. Unlike Ingram, him playing doesn't usually equal wins.

Our 5th-round rookie has been somebody at times, which is good for a 5th-round rookie. He hasn't been as good as Ingram.
                  I don't think Ingram is a must resign player and I dont think he is even worth half of what Justin Houston got. Ingram in week four got his first Sack of the season today. Disappointing #15 or #16 overall pick imo. I do think maybe he could be a better ILB as we should continue to draft more OLBs.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I don't think Ingram is a must resign player and I dont think he is even worth half of what Justin Houston got. Ingram in week four got his first Sack of the season today. Disappointing #15 or #16 overall pick imo. I do think maybe he could be a better ILB as we should continue to draft more OLBs.
                    Didn't Ingram get a sack in Week 1 when he forced the QB to fumble?

I'm pretty certain Houston is an All Pro. I don't think Ingram is an All Pro. I just know we're better when he plays than when he doesn't. Like I said - he's been the Ryan Mathews of the defense.

Is Ingram's contract expiring? I wouldn't re-sign him, but I would have re-signed him before I re-signed Cory Liuget.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                      I still don't understand why we didn't go for two there. Has McCoy answered for that decision on the post-game show?
                      Kicking it was correct. You force them to go for two.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Didn't Ingram get a sack in Week 1 when he forced the QB to fumble?

I'm pretty certain Houston is an All Pro. I don't think Ingram is an All Pro. I just know we're better when he plays than when he doesn't. Like I said - he's been the Ryan Mathews of the defense.

Is Ingram's contract expiring? I wouldn't re-sign him, but I would have re-signed him before I re-signed Cory Liuget.
                        No. He had zero before today.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-04-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Kicking it was correct. You force them to go for two.
                          But you put the game out of reach if you are successful with a two-point conversion. Cleveland then needs two scores. They can't tie it up with eight points if we're ahead by nine. And they are likely to tie it up with an extra point (after TD) if we miss on the two-pointer. I think the benefits greatly out-weighed the risks by a longshot in this case.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X