• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Highlights... scary dude. Direct link to youtube.

Watch highlights of new Chargers LB Khalil Mack from his career with the Chicago Bears as he now joins Brandon Staley, Derwin James and Joey Bosa after being...

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxn4fpXDy8
      I'm watching this video and it occurs to me that we're going to have a LOT of forced turnovers with Bosa and Mack running at QB's. They are both good at stripping QBs of the ball. I can hardly wait!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Is he a mix of Junior and the merryman ?

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxn4fpXDy8
          That was his FIRST game as a Bear. Khalil took the game over and played the most dominating half of football by one man, that me and the people of Chicago and still talking about it three years later. I had not seen a single dominant performance by a Bear since I watched Walter Payton rush for 275 yards against the Vikings in November of 1977.

Comment

• nomad1946
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2017
            • West Yellowstone, Montana
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            I too had really bad vibes towards TT prior to this free agency. But i like the moves. And am willing to wait and see how we do this season. If we dont make the playoffs im done with him. End of story.

Now with that...i also will not taint every thread with my TT opinions. So maybe we can sort of stay on topic in these threads? Its a Kahlil Mack thread. Not an anti TT thread despite this being a move he made.

We get it TT has some haters. I struggle with it myself. But after 20 years of posting on boards i know how to read a room. I know how to not beat a dead horse...and ultimately try and make sure i dont kill the vibe of the forum with the same negative take over and over in multiple threads. Thats not good for the community as a whole

Id also like to see less personal attacks on each other. Its hard to simply tell Ugly to get the hell out because he has a strong negative opinion.

All i ask UT is that you keep it from ruining everyone else's experience here. And just not always make it about TT and your hatred of him.

Balance.
            I so agree with you fleet. It seems that every thread goes off into an anti Telesco rant. It really keeps me from enjoying your great site to the fullest.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

I so agree with you fleet. It seems that every thread goes off into an anti Telesco rant. It really keeps me from enjoying your great site to the fullest.
              Thanks man. I do the best i can with it. But often times members just have to sort of peacefully police each other. lol

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                Is he a mix of Junior and the merryman ?
                I haven't seen a pass rush this consistent and this dominant since Bruce Smith in Buffalo, or Charles Haley, perhaps Lawrence Taylor. Smith was a right defensive end and didn't flop sides. Bosa and K. Mack can flop positions, or stunt and attack a guard inside. Seeing Mack and Bosa is gonna be like watching Cornelius Bennett and Bruce Smith get after quarterbacks during the salad days of the K-Gun.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Thanks man. I do the best i can with it. But often times members just have to sort of peacefully police each other. lol
                  Thanks, chief. Good group of smart fellas and they'll self-moderate themselves in fine style.

Back to football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Thanks, chief. Good group of smart fellas and they'll self-moderate themselves in fine style.

Back to football.
                    Thanks man.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Thanks man.
                      Stay healthy, bro.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Stay healthy, bro.
                        I reached out to you via PM regarding this thread. Are you getting PMs?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Khalil Mack was traded to the Bears just a week before the start of the 2018 season, and yet in his first game with Chicago he made an enormous impact, with a strip-sack and a pick-six in the opener against the Packers.

Khalil Mack developed a fast relationship with Brandon Staley

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2022, 7:12 AM EDT

Khalil Mack was traded to the Bears just a week before the start of the 2018 season, and yet in his first game with Chicago he made an enormous impact, with a strip-sack and a pick-six in the opener against the Packers. He credits Brandon Staley with getting him ready so quickly.

Mack, who was officially traded from the Bears to the Chargers on Wednesday, said he’s excited to work again with Staley, who is now the Chargers’ head coach. Staley was the Bears’ linebackers coach when Mack arrived in Chicago, and Mack said on Wednesday that Staley meant a lot to him.

“That was the person that I spent the most time with when I first got to Chicago,” Mack said. “We would be in the room together going over the playbook. I feel like I had a week to prepare for the Packers — not even a week, maybe like five, six days. It was a quick turnaround, and he was a big part of me consuming a big part of that playbook.”

Mack said that when he first arrived in Chicago, he and Staley would go through all the normal practices and meetings, and then the two of them would stay together long after the rest of the team had gone home.

“Dealing with me coming in and having to stay longer, I’m talking about hours after everybody has already left,” Staley said. “Seeing the time and delicacy that he had to put in that time. I mean, I don’t think you really understand how fast I really had to learn a whole defensive playbook and he made it easy. He made it easy. You could just see his passion through it, understanding how much he knew I wanted to get out there for that first game. We were able to do it.”

Now Mack and Staley hope they can do it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X