• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    I'm probably applying my T'eoitis on this one, and only thinking of the misses, and the XP that he missed felt like a field goal because of the distance. You could rationalize knocking his percentage down by 2 misses that technically are off the books (the mulligan in the browns game, and the missed xp), but he really did miss those kicks. They're coloring my perceptions here. I'll try to hold off on making judgements too early, but he feels more shaky on routine field goals than Novak, even if the stats don't really bear that out.
    Lambo was obviously kept because of his stronger leg. This year, Lambo is 2nd in the NFL in kickoff distance at 67.1 yards per kickoff and has 10 touchbacks after 4 games. As a comparison, Novak last season was 23rd in kickoffs at 60.9 yards per kickoff and had 10 touchbacks the entire season. I find it kind of sad that teams still return so many kicks because our coverage teams are so freaking bad. I shudder to think what would happen if Novak was kicking off with this year's coverage team - it would be ugly.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Lambo was obviously kept because of his stronger leg. This year, Lambo is 2nd in the NFL in kickoff distance at 67.1 yards per kickoff and has 10 touchbacks after 4 games. As a comparison, Novak last season was 23rd in kickoffs at 60.9 yards per kickoff and had 10 touchbacks the entire season. I find it kind of sad that teams still return so many kicks because our coverage teams are so freaking bad. I shudder to think what would happen if Novak was kicking off with this year's coverage team - it would be ugly.
      They have zero respect for our coverage units. Guys are taking it out after fielding the kick 9 yards deep into the end zone, and they're getting it to the 30. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
      X