• Send PM

Vet minimum. At least three.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I highly doubt Storm is their 1rst or 2nd option at RT this year, should they add no one.
      He's about to turn 28 and has pretty much reached his ceiling, which is at the ankles of Slater.

It would be Pipkens or Feiler: maybe they like one of these options.

Pipkins or Jaimes. Feiler can play RT in an emergency but did a nice job at LG. Interior blocking has to be solid. A free rush up the middle is worse than from the R end.
      Among 3 LAC ERFAs, Norton is the only 1 not tendered. Clue?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I’ve said it before, Jaimes is a natural tackle. Don’t care about the measurables, I’ll believe he can’t do it at this level only when he actually can’t do it. I know I know, he’s only been getting guard reps, I wish they’d give it shot though, I mean Norton, Pip…

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

I think Jaimes is not as bad as Norton and Piksins.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

The former patriot GM (pioli?) said on Total Access that the patriots will probably match whatever the market throws at Jackson. Jackson himself was practically begging the patriots to tag him and released a statement saying that he wouldn’t mind playing under the tag. I think he likes it in NE and he wants to stay there.

For the Charger’s sake I hope they are looking elsewhere too, otherwise they’ll end up like the dog with two bones.
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              The former patriot GM (pioli?) said on Total Access that the patriots will probably match whatever the market throws at Jackson. Jackson himself was practically begging the patriots to tag him and released a statement saying that he wouldn’t mind playing under the tag. I think he likes it in NE and he wants to stay there.

For the Charger’s sake I hope they are looking elsewhere too, otherwise they’ll end up like the dog with two bones.
              NE isn’t going to be able to match. They’re letting him go and not tagging him because they used up their cap last year. So they’re going to be more selective about who they resign. The Chargers will however be competing with other teams for Jackson’s services.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

I'd rather spend the money on two young interior defensive linemen in free agency. Draft a right tackle at #17 if there isn't a much better player at another position. I have been all about Trevor Penning, but I don't believe he'll be there. J.C. Jackson is not going to help stop the run or create pressure from the interior up front. There's also a risk that Jackson will not perform as well outside of Belichick's system.This would be a vintage Tom Telesco move. Sign a corner when your biggest problem is up front (which has been the case for several years now).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                  I'd rather spend the money on two young interior defensive linemen in free agency. Draft a right tackle at #17 if there isn't a much better player at another position. I have been all about Trevor Penning, but I don't believe he'll be there. J.C. Jackson is not going to help stop the run or create pressure from the interior up front. There's also a risk that Jackson will not perform as well outside of Belichick's system.This would be a vintage Tom Telesco move. Sign a corner when your biggest problem is up front (which has been the case for several years now).
                  Why not spend money on all three: JC Jackson, and two DL

as long as Bulaga is released and maybe Bosa's contract is redone - they can do all three

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                    Why draft a RT when we can take one later in draft? You said it yourself IDL is our biggest need so no need to complicate things just take the BPA at that IDL at #17? We also have Feiler we can put at RT who probably will be better than Storm, then we move Jaimes in and we can be set. If Jaimes isn't ready then he may just be a wasted pick and in that case I'd trade back and pick up assets and go IDL/RT

By the way Telesco has been good at eyeing talent at CB even if some have been injury prone (Samuel, Hayward, King, Davis, Verrett) so if he believes J.C is the guy then I trust him on that.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Why draft a RT when we can take one later in draft? You said it yourself IDL is our biggest need so no need to complicate things just take the BPA at that IDL at #17? We also have Feiler we can put at RT who probably will be better than Storm, then we move Jaimes in and we can be set. If Jaimes isn't ready then he may just be a wasted pick and in that case I'd trade back and pick up assets and go IDL/RT

By the way Telesco has been good at eyeing talent at CB even if some have been injury prone (Samuel, Hayward, King, Davis, Verrett) so if he believes J.C is the guy then I trust him on that.
                      Why would you want Telesco to draft a right tackle in Round 3 when he did just that in 2019, with Trey Pipkins? Telesco's history of drafting offensive linemen beyond the first round is horrific.And keep Feiler where he is. Slater and Feiler on the left side with Linsley at center does not need to be messed with.

Yes, Telesco has had success with cornerbacks. It's gotten us nowhere while he shops from the bargain bin for over-the-hill defensive tackles.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I don’t think they are ever putting Feiler at RT, that test balloon isn’t going to fly, They will bring in a RT, either middling FA or draft Rd 1-3. Pipkins will be back. The Norton experiment should end with him holding a deep reserve spot at Vet min $. I doubt they give Jaimes a shot at RT either, though they should.

Maybe they surprise us with a Moses or Shell at $4-7M per. wiggle that cap shit and slide it in, Tommy!

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Why not spend money on all three: JC Jackson, and two DL

as long as Bulaga is released and maybe Bosa's contract is redone - they can do all three
                          If you actually believe he's going to spend on all three, great. I believe he'll sign Jackson and either bring back Justin Jones or sign another defensive tackle who's over 30 years old and past his prime. Then he MIGHT draft Jordan Davis, who most likely will struggle as a rookie and may not even start (people are all excited over his 40 time, which means very little to the position).

It's predicted that Jackson will sign for four years, $72 million, with $56 million guaranteed. Unless he's a perennial All-Pro, I'd rather invest most of my major resources on linemen and take my chances in this draft with mid- to late-round corners. J.C. Jackson himself was an undrafted free agent. Cornerbacks look a lot better when the opposing quarterback doesn't have time to throw.

Comment

Working...
                          X