• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Are we out of money when they - finally - make a decision about Baluga? This one is a head scratcher to me. You either cut the guy outright because he hasn't been able to stay on the field; or, if you think he can still contribute, you restructure him somehow to reduce his ridiculous cap hit. If he refuses to renegotiate, then you just cut him. Seems simple to me. So there must be something else going on, no?
    Well, they have been busy the last week or so. Maybe that's exactly the plan, try to rework his deal to be team friendly, and cut as a backup plan. Have to cut by Friday.

I don't see any way to work the cap this year without doing one of the above.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Well, they have been busy the last week or so. Maybe that's exactly the plan, try to rework his deal to be team friendly, and cut as a backup plan. Have to cut by Friday.

I don't see any way to work the cap this year without doing one of the above.
      I can't see how we keep Bulaga at current salary cap hit. Restructure i'm ok with if they truly think he has a real chance at playing again and he moves more than 1/2 of his hit out to future years. I'd love it if he could return to his old form but i just doubt he's going to do that. I think cut to give us room and then we have wiggle room for a few more FAs out there. Restructuring other players i'm sure is possible too. We still have holes for players i have to think we want to bring back like Roberts (who should come cheap) and Aboushie.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

I can't see how we keep Bulaga at current salary cap hit. Restructure i'm ok with if they truly think he has a real chance at playing again and he moves more than 1/2 of his hit out to future years. I'd love it if he could return to his old form but i just doubt he's going to do that. I think cut to give us room and then we have wiggle room for a few more FAs out there. Restructuring other players i'm sure is possible too. We still have holes for players i have to think we want to bring back like Roberts (who should come cheap) and Aboushie.
        Could also be a straight up pay cut instead of restructure. Bulaga played 490 snaps the last 2 years. Maybe he thinks he owes the team. Some guys are like that.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Went to the local Dollar Tree store yesterday to buy a funnel for an oil change.

Ending up pulling a "Tom Telesco" and spent $30 on a lot of stuff. Go big or go home!!!!

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm having withdrawals today.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

You know it's 2022 when we're singing the praises of the Bengals strategy.
              You get the benefit of the doubt when you go from 4-11-1 to AFC champs.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Are we out of money when they - finally - make a decision about Baluga? This one is a head scratcher to me. You either cut the guy outright because he hasn't been able to stay on the field; or, if you think he can still contribute, you restructure him somehow to reduce his ridiculous cap hit. If he refuses to renegotiate, then you just cut him. Seems simple to me. So there must be something else going on, no?
                We have money we can free up via restructures. Need to keep an eye on next years cap and 2024. Derwin and Herbert coming up.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 4.22.59 PM.png

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Yeah, this offseason has me more excited than I have been in a long time! And the draft is still to come!

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

And then Bulaga is cut….get back to shopping TT!!

tendered Guyten and Norton

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      And then Bulaga is cut….get back to shopping TT!!

tendered Guyten and Norton
                      He hasn't signed anyone today? FIRE him!

j/k

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
                        Yeah, this offseason has me more excited than I have been in a long time! And the draft is still to come!
                        I'm so hyped for the draft now. I might even do some player research for a change!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                          I'm having withdrawals today.
                          I know, right? It's like waiting for the next 'fix'...

Comment

Working...
                          X