• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Kind of reminds of what they did to the oline last year but on defense.

:Cheers1:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Yeah have not been a fan of TT for years now but I literally cant complain about any moves we have made this offseason.As long as he gets Herb a real RT I honestly think TT has seen the light,Finally!Trenchers rejoice!!!!!!!
      TT didn't have someone who is bright like BS prior to this point. Lynn and Mccoy didn't know what they were doing. The team didn't have a real direction under those guys. Thus the lousy results and mediocre or losing seasons. The GM is only as good as the HC next to them.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Today's moves should erase any doubt about what Staley brings to this team.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Staley is now officially the man even if not an elite coach yet, and has bought Telesco more time. Telesco failed for 8 years until Staley brought his system here.
          Can't be sure if it was Staley or the Spanos family who finally made him fix the O Line 80% of the way via free agency aside from drafting Slater.
          Mack and SJD don't happen without Staley and probably not Jackson as well.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
            Staley is now officially the man even if not an elite coach yet, and has bought Telesco more time. Telesco failed for 8 years until Staley brought his system here.
            Can't be sure if it was Staley or the Spanos family who finally made him fix the O Line 80% of the way via free agency aside from drafting Slater.
            Its like a snowball

Mack + Bosa + Derwin attracts Jackson, SJD and ???? oh boy i cant wait

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

TRENCHERS REJOICE!
              Beef before Gazelles!

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s a mix of the Rams and Bengals strategy. Though more of the latter given the youth we signed in FA. That’s what the Bengals did in FA the last two years.
                You know it's 2022 when we're singing the praises of the Bengals strategy.

Comment

• Hard Charger
                  Chargers fan since 1977!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Cool! Now maybe we can buy our Super Bowl!

Go Bolts!

Edit: Have we done enough to have the league help pave the way for us, will we see less penalties, will we see decisions go our way this season?

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

This past few days have been a great day to be Bolt fan! From the Mack trade (who knew) to the aggressive FA strategy. Hell yeah! Now let's ride that momentum into a great draft! We still have some glaring weaknesses that need to be fixed and we are basically out of money but at least we are headed the right direction.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                      If this works out (championship) Staley might be one of those rare HC/GM combos ala BB
                      I know it's not a popular concept but it's possible.
                      Or he can always just have a Telesco-type to be his secretary, shake hands and push papers.
                      Either way, I trust Staley's football IQ and competitiveness to stay current on NFL trends.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

I think the thing about Telesco is he's not a "my way" football guy like Butler and Smith were (which, if you recall, drove the rift between AJ and Marty which blew up a potential dynasty). He has a consensus management style, so he works with the coach to try to implement their vision for the roster within ownership established boundaries.

This doesn't work when your HC isn't good at roster construction. It does work when your HC is good at roster construction.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                          This past few days have been a great day to be Bolt fan! From the Mack trade (who knew) to the aggressive FA strategy. Hell yeah! Now let's ride that momentum into a great draft! We still have some glaring weaknesses that need to be fixed and we are basically out of money but at least we are headed the right direction.
                          Are we out of money when they - finally - make a decision about Baluga? This one is a head scratcher to me. You either cut the guy outright because he hasn't been able to stay on the field; or, if you think he can still contribute, you restructure him somehow to reduce his ridiculous cap hit. If he refuses to renegotiate, then you just cut him. Seems simple to me. So there must be something else going on, no?

Comment

Working...
                          X