The Elephant in the Room: Kenneth Murray.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Wonder if Philly would consider him for pick swap 17 to 15 :LOL:

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

LOL nailed it!

:lmao:
      brian-bosworth-si.jpeg

Ken Murray II is flunking....This is our concern, dude.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

still think the both of Murray and Tillery will be starting, and as mentioned earlier.... sure looks like a 5-1-5 serves those two the best ??

also suspect we will be looking for replacements for them in next year's draft....
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I agree that the 5man front may best serve Murray and Tillery the best, but is what is best for 2 very marginal players what is best for the Chargers D overall? Players like James are worth scheming the rest of the defense around, but you do it around the best players, not fringe players.

And it depends on what you mean as starting? If by starter you mean have a spot in the base 34 D, then I agree. But if you mean the personnel groups that will be on the field the majority of the time, then I'm not sure. They didn't pay SJD and Johnson millions to sit on the sidelines.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Maybe they should show Murry that highlight video so he can remember what playing at a high level was like.

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

this is the strange irony of the draft: the draft threads here worship first round picks, while here we are in this thread wondering what to make of our former first round pick.

anyone remember Sammy Davis? i remember hearing about that guy on the draft day, and then i don't remember ever hearing his name again in an actual game.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                this is the strange irony of the draft: the draft threads here worship first round picks, while here we are in this thread wondering what to make of our former first round pick.

anyone remember Sammy Davis? i remember hearing about that guy on the draft day, and then i don't remember ever hearing his name again in an actual game.
                Long time no see, Northerner? Aside from Murray and Tillery, Telesco has had a pretty good run hitting on 1st round picks since 2016. Bosa. Williams. James. Herbert. Slater. One pundit I watched the other day said that is a pretty amazing success rate, 1st round picks don't pan out that often.

Let's see how Telesco's picks outside the first round have fared. The current roster boasts two starters the Chargers picked in the 2nd round: Adderley and Samuel. And Keenan Allen was a 3rd round pick. Drue Tranquill, who I guess is also a starter, was a 4th round pick. The Chargers' starting line up also includes two homegrown UDFAs: Austin Ekeler and Michael Davis. Most of the Chargers starters are Telesco draft picks, UDFAs he originally signed or UDFAs who bounced around before finding a home with the Chargers. Khalil Mack is the only 1st round pick of another team. He and Sebastian Joseph-Day, Austin Johnson, Matt Feiler, Corey Linsley, J.C. Jackson and Gerald Everett are the top of the depth chart veterans who started their careers with other teams.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                  Maybe they should show Murry that highlight video so he can remember what playing at a high level was like.
                  Not a bad idea actually.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Lesson learned: if you trade up, that player better be productive because the cost of the trade is so high. Generally, it would be better to spread the risk over two picks.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      Thought I would post his highlight film again. If all he has to worry about is 5 yards down field and and keeping everything in front of him this guy is a monster.

That video shows why we drafted him and why I was pleased that we did. His potential is so great. But, I agree with those who say it's this year or forget about him.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        Thought I would post his highlight film again. If all he has to worry about is 5 yards down field and and keeping everything in front of him this guy is a monster.

The problem is he was very good in college, not so much in the NFL. This is his make or break year
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia F/U Telesco
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The problem is he was very good in college, not so much in the NFL. This is his make or break year
                          He could join the lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggg list of players who were great in college but did not make it in the pros.

I hope he comes alive this year, he is on the Chargers so I root for him, he just needs to get it together, like now.

Comment

Working...
                          X