• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Could have been just a fucking stupid accident.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

How sad, regardless of what happened

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I don't know which would be worse: death by suicide or death by a crappy rental that broke down.

Terrible news.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I heard his car broke down which is why he got out and was walking down the highway.

He was probably driving a crappy rental
          That story makes no sense in 2022... Even crappy rentals and our own insurance companies have road side assistance.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I heard his car broke down which is why he got out and was walking down the highway.

He was probably driving a crappy rental
            I read that it happened near the airport, across the freeway from the airport. Maybe, if the car did break down, he was crossing the freeway trying to get to the airport so as not to miss his flight back to Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

So sad. But it honestly makes me go to a dark place about this. Like suicide by truck? I mean how does he end up in front of a dump truck on the freeway? How does he not see that?

This isnt an attack on DH....but fear that once again CTE is the culprit. Really hoping this was just an accident....but its odd enough of a situation to make me question it a little bit.

No way am i accusing him of suicide....but i hope they dig into this. Investigate this. Because its way off to me. And i dont want CTE victims to fall through the cracks in this league.
              more likely alcohol was involved, it’s possible his car had issues and he didn’t make to the side of the road and tried to exit the vehicle before another car hit it? Folks make questionable decisions while intoxicated.
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

I bet he was on something like Fentanyl. He was on something strong to be that incoherent. Wasn't he the QB that jumped up on a table and yell "Grab her by the Pu$$y"?

Comment

• Grinners
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I read that it happened near the airport, across the freeway from the airport. Maybe, if the car did break down, he was crossing the freeway trying to get to the airport so as not to miss his flight back to Pittsburgh.
                  I live in South Florida and drove into that area around 9AM, the highway was still closed at that time 2 1/2 later due to the investigation. Was not listening to the radio so had no idea of what was happening at the time but I was wondering why a Dump Truck was just sitting in the middle of the highway with 20 Police Cars. The accident was just north of the Ft Lauderdale Airport on 595.

Comment

• Grinners
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

more likely alcohol was involved, it’s possible his car had issues and he didn’t make to the side of the road and tried to exit the vehicle before another car hit it? Folks make questionable decisions while intoxicated.
                    I doubt it it was just before 7AM around the Airport.

Comment

• Grinners
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

That story makes no sense in 2022... Even crappy rentals and our own insurance companies have road side assistance.
                      It takes a long time for a dump truck to go from 60 to 0 no matter how much foot pressure you apply.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yeah they do. Ill just wait and see what the investigation says. There have been some shitty things said about him in the light of this happening so i want to make sure im not dogging him. But CTE in this league is rampant. That also makes people do stupid things.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                          I bet he was on something like Fentanyl. He was on something strong to be that incoherent. Wasn't he the QB that jumped up on a table and yell "Grab her by the Pu$$y"?
                          That was Jameis Winston and you have the quote slightly wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X