• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

I liked your review AG! (tried to rep you, but I gotta spread some around, I guess)

I agree with most of it.

I actually thought Wynn played ok in the 3-4. He was not the answer inside in the 4 man pass rush line.

I'm not at practice, but based on what I saw on the field, I'd take Baker all day every day, and twice on Sunday over Whitaker and Hill. He was finishing runs.

Props to Willie for a nice showing after that de-cleating he took.

On another note... the Bears hit hard. Holy Smokes. There were more rock 'em sock 'em big old hits than I can remember seeing in a game in a long time last night. The Bears delivered most of them.

On the O-Line Dunlap does look better than Starks, Fluker got owned once, Clary got owned on a pass rush, and on a play where he was a pulling Guard, and Hardwick botched a snap. Only Rinehart was unnoticed, which is a good thing on the OLine... So we've got that going for us. Yikes.

I enjoyed seeing the no huddle, and I really liked the implementation of it. It was just kinda random... they'd do it for a few plays, then go back to the huddle...then go back to the no huddle... dictating to the defense when they can and cannot sub. Really enjoyed seeing that.

It would be nice to see Ronnie Brown and Danny Woodhead in this offense at some point.

DJ Smith I thought played pretty good, and actually made a few special teams plays. I agree he'll prob be the top ILB backup, and Gachkar/Bird should be nervous if he's willing to Special Team it.

Agree on Beltre... he is a worker, and he really has some pop off the line. I really like him.

The starting front 3 of Reyes/Thomes/Leguit look pretty good. Dilfer spent all night washing Long's balls, but on that first drive with a tackle for a loss and 2 straight sacks, our D-line just destroyed their OLine. Scafe has a shot to make the team. On their long TD drive.... that long run by Forte was on Johnson, good call AG.

Special Teams were just absolutely brutal...can't imagine a worse showing...

2nd and 3rd Units played really well, especially considering how bad they looked last week. If you factor out the special teams gaffes (which I know, you can't) our 2nd and 3rd teams actually outplayed the Bears...pretty consistently.

I really don't read much into preseason games...I just like to see the rookies and new guys play, get a feel for them in the system. And I like to learn the players numbers (LOL).
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Does anybody know why Baker seems to be in the coach's doghouse? The dude is better than any of these other scrub RBs we have yet he gets little playing time. It seems that Fozzy is Whiz's boy from AZ but c'mon man you gotta go with the better talent, which is Baker. Don't you? Anybody disagree with that? Does he suck in pass pro or something? I don't get it.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I had same question VB. As I recall, Baker did not even play against Seattle. And he was, what, third option at RB last night after Mathews was pulled?

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Good analysis AG.

Fozzy is ahead of Baker now, and I would think that he's on the bubble to make the 53. I don't think its a doghouse thing, it may just be at this point Rock isn't showing as much as Fozzy. I was looking at Keiser, and he didn't look bad, he may be a last cut too.

Something I noticed during practices that Special Teams practices seem farther behind than they were last season... still working on fundamentals than actual team drills. There's only two weeks before the real games, and I'm hoping for vast improvement once they identify who are the probable special teamers.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

the thing about special teams is we're not seeing the starting special teams unit out there. I also think we will be signing guys that other teams cut before that first game so that unit will look vastly different. hard to really judge them now considering all of that.

Comment

Working...
            X