Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
    They announced Watt at LG and the next couple plays it looked like he was running as fast as he could backwards at Rivers towing a Steeler along for the ride.
    I didn't record the game, but someone that did can maybe answer this?

On the last TD drive to Gates...who was in at RG?

I thought I saw a white dude at RG next to Robinson...my thought was that Watt had taken Flukers spot at RG, and JD Walton was in at LG.

Maybe it was Fluker, and I just saw Wiggins over there as RT, and just thought it was RG.

Man, what a mess. LT-Barksdale, LG-Walton, C-Robinson, RG-Fluker (injured at that), RT-Wiggins

How can this keep happening? This is year 3 of the McCoy/D'Alessandris offensive line approach... and every single year, tons of injuries.
    (Do NOT forget year 1, when Fluker played a game and a half at LT)

The O-line was in shambles Norv's last 2 years too.

So, this is 5 straight seasons of multiple injuries, over and over again, on the OL.

I know people are jumping on Telesco, but I really can't blame him. He drafted Fluker, he drafted Watt (although that pick doesn't looks so good, a sort of high pick), He brought in Barksdale, He brought in Hairston, he brought in Franklin.

We need the old Vince Lombardi video, "What the hell's going on out there?"

It just doesn't make sense. I know teams lose guys every year. And it's often more than 1, and sometimes they lose a number of guys, and that the Position of Offensive Line is one of high attrition. It's the nature of the beast.

But the rate at which our Offensive Linemen have been going down is staggering. It just is. Something is wrong. Something needs to change. I have no idea what thing something would be.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Anyone blamed the field or equipment (shoes, etc) yet? I've heard about everything else under the sun, but nothing that we can all point to.

Otherwise I'm back to "cursed."

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        "This team can NOT block...."

And the people of San Diego doesn't go to home games to support their team..... just a bunch of die hard fans...
        Rivers said afterward it was like a road game.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

"Fans of traditional powers such as the Steelers have always found a way to buy tickets to games in San Diego. Many Chargers fans scalp their tickets to big games to help recoup the costs of their season tickets.

"It was a tough environment tonight. It was like being on the road," quarterback Philip Rivers said. "Odd is one word we could use. We were in silent count and we had no chance. We were checking in and out of plays and it was about as tough as it gets. I'm usually hoarse after road games and I'm going to be today as well."

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            "Fans of traditional powers such as the Steelers have always found a way to buy tickets to games in San Diego. Many Chargers fans scalp their tickets to big games to help recoup the costs of their season tickets.

"It was a tough environment tonight. It was like being on the road," quarterback Philip Rivers said. "Odd is one word we could use. We were in silent count and we had no chance. We were checking in and out of plays and it was about as tough as it gets. I'm usually hoarse after road games and I'm going to be today as well."
            Wait until you start playing in front of 15,000 'Charger' fans in LA, Philip. You'll be outnumbered 4 to 1 (instead of 2 to 1).

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
              Rivers said afterward it was like a road game.
              Sadly, that is what happens when your team has no history of winning, while your opponent's team does. If we had the rings that the Steelers, Patriots, 49ers, or Cowboys do, there would be far fewer fans selling their tickets to make a quick buck.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Words best used to describe the Chargers O-line is Oh No! To be more descriptive Oh Hell No!

I am ready to go Mike Singletary on them. Can't win with them, can't coach them etc........ The O-line is the factory of sadness. They have to get Healthy and stay healthy, I know a lot of Watt supporters are on the board, but this guy gets pushed back way too much.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It is a painful conversion project. With all the injuries, to quote HRC on debate night, "At this point, what difference does it make anyway!?"

By that I mean untill we can keep 5 of the same big guys on the field for 85% or more of a season do to injuries, how can they gel, how can you develop them in a constantly changing environment? How can they be anything but jack of all trates and masters of none and deliver a quality that can compete?
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    It is a painful conversion project. With all the injuries, to quote HRC on debate night, "At this point, what difference does it make anyway!?"

By that I mean untill we can keep 5 of the same big guys on the field for 85% or more of a season do to injuries, how can they gel, how can you develop them in a constantly changing environment? How can they be anything but jack of all trates and masters of none and deliver a quality that can compete?
                    The answer is they won't gel and develop. It's disappointing that even the new guys brought in are getting injured too. And it's things like rolled up ankles and conclusions so I'm not sure anything the coaches and trainers could do would change anything.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Gosh darn those conclusions! I hate them.

If your getting pushed back into the backfield the runners and second tier blockers are right in prime positions to roll up on the oline. It starts up front though.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                      X