• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

I liked washington wolves but there was a trademark issue, that name had a lot of fan support too.
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
      Washington Wolverines would have sounded good.
      That does sound good…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

The Washington Waistcoats. Waistcoats are what men used to wear in the late 18th century, including George Washington.

34.1178_edited_PS9.jpg

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Even the washington worms sounds better than commanders, I think werewolves sounds good too…too bad warriors was unusable due to trademark…

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I really don't care what the former Redskins call themselves, my only issue with the name is that it has too many syllables. I'll just think of them as the Commies.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

When I lived in California, I lived across the street from a Native American and he refuses to call them anything but the Redskins.

These threads sure do go off the rails sometimes!

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                ~ Charger Fan ~
                • Sep 2018
                • Jupiter, FL
                • Send PM

Maybe even the Washington Weasels

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  I liked washington wolves but there was a trademark issue, that name had a lot of fan support too.
                  The Washington Swamp Rats: very marshy terrain before it was filled in.

Malaria was a big problem there in the 17th/18th century......people still catch it there to this day.

The Washington Agues? ...... The Chills? The Night Sweats? The Dengue Victims? Sure to strike terror in the hearts of opponents who come into DC/

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I don't think Carter is going to displace Guyton as the #5 WR, his return duties are going to limit how much he is used in the offense. But he was second to Terry McLaurin in TD receptions for the Commanders last season, where he proved himself to be a very capable WR. And his presence on the roster, along with Guyton, are why I believe the Chargers, from top to bottom, have the deepest WR corps in the league. If they stick with just five WR, which I believe is their plan, there are no developmental players. In the past, the Chargers usually have had developmental players buried on the WR depth chart. Most teams do. But this WR corps has 5 veteran players who've had success in the NFL, and the bottom three are young and ascending players.
                    #4 WR comes in so infrequently, I doubt the handful of ST plays would keep Carter off the field, if that’s who the coaches want at #4 WR.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

#4 WR comes in so infrequently, I doubt the handful of ST plays would keep Carter off the field, if that’s who the coaches want at #4 WR.
                      Hard to say but I don't disagree. I don't know.
                      This year's offense may see more variations than Football 101 from Lombardi's 1st year.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hard to say but I don't disagree. I don't know.
                        This year's offense may see more variations than Football 101 from Lombardi's 1st year.
                        Yeah, I’m sure everybody gets used, just disagree with the opinion Carter’s ST duties will limit his O reps. That’s like saying Guyton’s gunner duties will limit his WR reps. Just play the best players for the situation you’re in.
                        Last edited by blueman; 08-06-2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          When I lived in California, I lived across the street from a Native American and he refuses to call them anything but the Redskins.

These threads sure do go off the rails sometimes!
                          It's too bad that they didn't figure a way to keep a Native American name. Would have been a much easier transition for their fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                          X