• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I think about Delaware not having near the Football program of Baylor nor facing same level of competition.
    Agree - That’s why it took Adderley 1.5+ years to catch on to the NFL. He was coming on the back half of last season. He’s got physical skills but he never played against real football players. JT out of Baylor may transition faster, but how often will 3 S’s be on the field is one question I’m wondering? In dime packs with 4 DL, 1 LB, 3 CB+3 S (DJ playing super beast rover/whatever its called)? Someone had a name for that grouping?

But I’ll tell what - any DB that gets a pick every time he goes on the practice field is gonna get some game snaps.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree - That’s why it took Adderley 1.5+ years to catch on to the NFL. He was coming on the back half of last season. He’s got physical skills but he never played against real football players. JT out of Baylor may transition faster, but how often will 3 S’s be on the field is one question I’m wondering? In dime packs with 4 DL, 1 LB, 3 CB+3 S (DJ playing super beast rover/whatever its called)? Someone had a name for that grouping?

But I’ll tell what - any DB that gets a pick every time he goes on the practice field is gonna get some game snaps.
      Yeppers. Any DB. Happens to be the rookie reach, oh well.

And I’m betting Staley would love to play that 3 safety look, just needs the players for it. Hope he’s got them.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I would love for Woods to get 7 INTs, but that is a very lofty goal.

Barring an injury to Allen or Williams, there is no way that Palmer is getting to 65 receptions with the receivers we have at all positions.
        Cromartie had 10 INTs in his best season as a Charger. JT Woods would be doing great to get half that number.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

I expect more 3 S 2 CB looks this year in big nickle formations.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Cromartie had 10 INTs in his best season as a Charger. JT Woods would be doing great to get half that number.
            Any DB is in the top of league with half that. #4 in entire league was 5 INTs in 2020 and 2021. Lets not set unfair expectations.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Any DB is in the top of league with half that. #4 in entire league was 5 INTs in 2020 and 2021. Lets not set unfair expectations.
              Whoa, bruh! Where did I say that my expectation was for Woods to get 5 INTs?!?

My point was that the poster I responded to had an unrealistic idea about the number of INTs Woods could get. I was saying that even HALF of Cromartie's 10 that would be 'great'. (And it would be.) But NEVER did I say I expected it, and I don't.

History has taught me that it's not realistic to expect 'great' things from rookie 3rd round draft picks.

Comment

Whoa, bruh! Where did I say that my expectation was for Woods to get 5 INTs?!?

My point was that the poster I responded to had an unrealistic idea about the number of INTs Woods could get. I was saying that even HALF of Cromartie's 10 that would be 'great'. (And it would be.) But NEVER did I say I expected it, and I don't.

History has taught me that it's not realistic to expect 'great' things from rookie 3rd round draft picks.
                And where did I say my expectation was that Woods would get 7 INTs when you responded to my post? What I said in response to another poster that had suggested the 7 INT possibility was that that was a lofty goal.

Comment

• nomad1946
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2017
                  • West Yellowstone, Montana
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

My expectation is not for any one player but the Defense as a whole. I expect them to get many more than the pitiful 11 interceptions they got last year. :Lamp:

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Most DBs aren’t going to get that much since interceptions are so flukey.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                      My expectation is not for any one player but the Defense as a whole. I expect them to get many more than the pitiful 11 interceptions they got last year. :Lamp:
                      They had a lot of guys playing with brick mittens and bad coverage last year. Both factors should be improved significantly, i expect many more as well and don’t care who gets them.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Staley pointed out Adderly as the star of the offseason so far. He did that last year, too, I think. I remember reading about how much Adderly was in his playbook and had a command. He did improve from prior seasons but it felt like it was marginal.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Staley pointed out Adderly as the star of the offseason so far. He did that last year, too, I think. I remember reading about how much Adderly was in his playbook and had a command. He did improve from prior seasons but it felt like it was marginal.

TG
                          Nobody on D had a good year. The secondary starters collectively missed 10 games (Nas 3). Shuffling players around in their 1st year of Staley D had to be confusing. In year 2 with more quality teammates and depth, Nas should be a more significant contributor.

Comment

Working...
                          X