• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
    As they used to say in the old "Official" Chargers message board. He's an idiot when his opinion of the chargers is negative. A genius when it's positive. That goes for all pundits.
    Dam right!

Still retain my opinion that he's driving straight ahead while looking in the rear view mirror. Might as well be a brain dead band wagoner.

:2cents:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

I will say I do think talent wise we do look pretty damn talented on paper. If the D talent added and the scheme come together I see no reason we shouldnt be competing strongly for the division. Considering Lynn somehow managed a 12-4 team when the stars aligned and we didnt have major line injuries I think we definitely can push to that level maybe better. To me its all about the D taking the step.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
        I have said it before and I will say it again--Herbert is the best player in the NFL right now. Prisco's rankings are a joke.
        I don’t know if I’d call him the best player, but with his young age, talent and position, he is the most valuable property/player in the NFL today.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Maybe Prisco could explain what he thinks makes a "best" player because his rationalisation for each player makes me think it varies from guy to guy, which makes comparison kinda hard. Doesn't appear to be any consistency.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Maybe Prisco could explain what he thinks makes a "best" player because his rationalisation for each player makes me think it varies from guy to guy, which makes comparison kinda hard. Doesn't appear to be any consistency.
            The only rational way to think of it is does the player have a solid 5+ year career and is he still capable of playing on a high level. Even though younger players on the up trend will eclipse these older players this year he doesn't care. I like Brady but I don't see him as a top ten player anymore especially if this is his last year of playing.

:coffee:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Four quarterbacks in the top ten. LOL. Jonathan Taylor #24? OK.

This won't be popular here, but I think the best player in the NFL last year was Micah Parsons. And I think he will continue to be for a while.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

The classic line from the NFL ignorant pundits. bUt hAs hE wON a sUpEr BOwL?

67s59a.jpg

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                  Prisco just dropped his annual Top 100 NFL Players. And, of course, I'm ready to denigrate it as usual. But it does raise some interesting thoughts.

The Chargers have the most players in the top 100. But, he doesn't have a single Charger in the top 10 and only ONE in the top 20 (Herbert at #20). Only three in the top 50.

As I ponder it, he may not be too far off (though Derwin is probably too low on this list, when healthy). The Chargers DO have a lot of great, solid players (Ekeler, Bosa, Jackson, James, Allen) but don't seem to have that one electric playmaker on offense or defense that changes a game or gets mind-popping stats week in and week out.

So, ya. He's probably close to correct with this list (tons of studs, no #1 at their position players).

We'll see how that shakes out this season.
                  I for one am happier having 9 guys in this "top 100" opinion piece than I am worried why Herbert isn't higher. 9 guys ranking this high means fewer holes on O and D. Better players at 9 spots is better than say 3 guys in the top 30. With 32 teams, the straight average would be about 3 players per team (3.125 to be exact). The fact that we have 9 of the top 90 makes me hungry for September to get here. We are loaded up for this season.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                    The classic line from the NFL ignorant pundits. bUt hAs hE wON a sUpEr BOwL?

67s59a.jpg
                    Burrow, who has made a Super Bowl is ranked behind Herbie. So there is a little respect there IMHO.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Justin Herbert is the 20th best player in the NFL. Say that out loud to yourself. Sounds pretty idiotic, right? Whatever Pete. I am sure every GM out there would rather have Justin Jefferson, George Kittle, Zach Martin, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, etc. to build their team around ahead of Justin Herbert. Sure. Right.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Prisco is a blowhard, but at least he had Herbert ahead of Burrow.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Any legit list like this starts with 5 to 8 QBs and goes from there. Having 6 non-QBs in the top 10 and no QBs 10-19 is dumb. WAR and EPA numbers both support this in a massive way.

But then again, who fucking cares?

Comment

Working...
                          X