• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
    McCoy is a joke, but let's be real, any coach this ownership will ever hire is a joke. Firing the coach is meaningless when they'll just get replaced by an equally bad clone.

Realistically, until the Chargers are sold to an owner who values winning, we will rarely win a playoff game and will never win a championship. That's true no matter who's coaching or playing. It's still true whether they end up playing in San Diego, LA, or Timbuktu.
    They hired Marty. No matter how much I hated the hire at the time, Marty was a good coach
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      They hired Marty. No matter how much I hated the hire at the time, Marty was a good coach
      Totally agree. Above that he was a leader of men.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Boss Ross was also a good hire.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Boss Ross was also a good hire.
          An accidentally good hire. To me he is much like the Riley hire.
          Cheap but should be given a lot of leeway
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Marty was not a good coach. He almost got Brees killed because of his stubborn refusal to play Rivers, even in meaningless games. He absolutely panicked and shat down his leg in the postseason; he couldn't win a playoff game with talented teams. Just like our horrible owner, Marty tried to set his unqualified friends and family up with jobs (ironically, this is what got him fired).

Marty is vastly overrated by this fanbase based on one 14-2 season in which we played a whopping four games against playoff teams in the regular season, lost half of them, and would have been 1-3 if not for a game-winning TD in the last minute against a mediocre 9-7 Seattle team. And our reward for beating up on the rest of that schedule was Marty choking again in the playoffs, including blowing a crucial timeout by challenging Marlon McCree's obvious fumble.

Marty's career playoff record was 5-13. He was just another average coach who couldn't get it done... another typical Spanos hire. Boss Ross is the only good coach we've had post-Coryell, and of course he was promptly run out of town for winning too much and being too competent.
            Last edited by FiftyFive; 01-03-2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I should clarify. Marty was a good hire that became a massive failure.

But the failure wasn't all on him, he played an equal part. But hiring Marty was a good decision
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• FiftyFive
                Dean Spanos is a traitor!
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

I should clarify. Marty was a good hire that became a massive failure.

But the failure wasn't all on him, he played an equal part. But hiring Marty was a good decision
                Of course it wasn't all on Marty; nobody can succeed at the highest level with the Spanos family weighing them down, and AJ was a total egomaniac in his own right. Still, Marty blew plenty of opportunities in Cleveland and Kansas City as well.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I sum up the Marty era as, he only got good when Wade arrived. Marty was 12-20 prior to Wade being brought in (record of 35-13). But they both happen to be playoff chockers so.....

Wade laid the foundation for the D, Marty helped build the running game, Norv added a passing attack. But I think they all would've had a hard time maintaining success. No way Marty would have recreated the 14-2 season without cam and wade, and with LT no longer being as good (plus the revolving door of DCs) norv just isn't the guy to maintain a successful program for an extended period of time.

But that era was still better than this 3 year stretch of McBoring and Trashco, even if posters want to wish so hard that this era represented a brighter future.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

LOL @ Trashco!
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Another year of McCoy!
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Meh...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Shit franchise to its very core. Wow.

Watch them turn around and fire him unprofessionally on Jan 14th if they get their LA vote. LOL nothing would surprise me.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X