X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    There is nobody around to champion for Don to get in the HOF anymore. Nobody. No coaches, sportswriters, owners or even a City. Only a few of us old guys who still remember him. And we don’t count.
    Dan Fouts has been passionately championing him for years. Probably still is.

I saw Coryell work his magic at SD State, St Louis and with the Chargers. Most entertaining coach ever. By the time he got to the Chargers his system was refined and every game gave us something unique to see.

Comment

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I saw Coryell work his magic at SD State, St Louis and with the Chargers. Most entertaining coach ever. By the time he got to the Chargers his system was refined and every game gave us something unique to see.
      Yes, Fouts has LONG been a staunch supporter, but he is the only guy left (watch John Madden's speech at Coryell's funeral on youtube if you want to see a legend pay his respects to another legend).

Comment

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        One year (2009) Fouts sent a letter to every Hall of Fame voter, urging that Coryell be elected:

https://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/po...-for-his-coach

Comment

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Yes, Fouts has LONG been a staunch supporter, but he is the only guy left (watch John Madden's speech at Coryell's funeral on youtube if you want to see a legend pay his respects to another legend).
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIeG...tateUniversity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRIJK37i78Y&ab_channel=SanDiegoStateUniver sity
          - Fouts
          Last edited by Steve; 08-01-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

That video is GOLD. Thanks.

Comment

When is the vote?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                When is the vote?
                The final HOF committee is done during the Super Bowl week. I don't know when they will pick the contributor and coach to go to that committee.

Comment

Every year that Don isn't in makes a mocker of the Hall.
                  That is all.
                  #boltupbitches

Comment

Thanks Steve. I hated Madden as the Raiders HC, for obvious reasons. But he was a great announcer and listening to that eulogy, it is clear he was a great man. I could listen to Madden for hours. So entertaining. And smart, too. RIP both John and Don. Two greats.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                    X