Go Rivers!

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I watched some of it. They had a video of Dan but the induction speech was from Don’s daughter who did a fine job. But I wish they would have let Fouts do it.

Don Coryell should have been in the HOF ages ago and would have been great to do it when he was alive. But at least he is there now, with Madden and Fouts.

TG
      You know Fouts has a 100 stories.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        I watched some of it. They had a video of Dan but the induction speech was from Don’s daughter who did a fine job. But I wish they would have let Fouts do it.

Don Coryell should have been in the HOF ages ago and would have been great to do it when he was alive. But at least he is there now, with Madden and Fouts.

TG
        he created the modern passing game - it is crazy that he was not in a long time ago.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I have 2 cousins (ex die hard Chargers fans) who absolutely, positively will never speak to me about Chargers football and haven't since the relocation.
          Frankly they stopped talking with me on any level during that first year once they found out I was still a fan!! They were basically ashamed of me and accused me of picking sports over my hometown. Geez.
          They absolute loathe the Spanos and curse the franchise.

Last night they both texted me about DC. It was a 1 time thing I'm sure but I savored it. They understood the significance and that's a testament to DC.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

he created the modern passing game - it is crazy that he was not in a long time ago.
            There's something wrong with the committee who decides things about the HOF.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

There's something wrong with the committee who decides things about the HOF.
              They're lazy. They love Super Bowl winners and believe that has more credence than players/coaches that contributed to the overall evolution of the game. That takes deeper knowledge and understanding. Eventually, they catch on. Someone probably had to explain to them that SB winning coaches had predecessors and learned their craft from someone else. Once they see Gilman's and Coryell's coaching tree... they realize that most SB winning coaches come from those 2 trees. Presto! Instant understanding... Better late than never.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

• Wish Fouts would've presented him, but it was his daughter's right. Best part of the ceremony for me was when Zach Thomas got choked up thanking Junior.
                Last edited by JOJAX85; 08-06-2023, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                  Wish Fouts would've presented her, but it was his daughter's right. Best part of the ceremony for me was when Zach Thomas got choked up thanking Junior.
                  I just saw that. Wow. Speechless.
                  respect.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

I honestly was expecting a mention of Jr from Thomas.. it was written all over that he was going to mention him.

Comment

Working...
                    X