• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    I remember when Dick Williams would try and use Goose for more than 3 outs.....it never ended well. I was sweatin Hader in the 9th but Holy Hader he pulled it off.
    I heard that Gossage was the last Padre closer to go 4 outs, not sure about the time frame or context, but the Goose was there to watch, in shallow left field.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I wonder the Padre vs Dodger contingent here, given its the LA Chargers. LA Chargers posted a tweet to cheer on the Dodgers before the series started, i threw up a lil bit in my mouth.

I’d think they at least realize they still have some SD fans and to stay the fuck out of it, but no …

great game last night. I had two hunches before the series started

1. Cleavinger would suck and we’d lose game 1 - he did and we did
      2. Kershaw is historically a playoff flop. He sort of was, just enough anyway.

Are they bringing out Mr No-No for G3 or sticking with the rotation and Snell. I’m ok with Snell - he had a bad outing in NY but was solid most of the last month+ of season. But Musgrove is a master, he comes up big, I’d rather see him on the mound.

I’ll bet he sits Drury again too - 50/50 odds perhaps.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        I wonder the Padre vs Dodger contingent here, given its the LA Chargers. LA Chargers posted a tweet to cheer on the Dodgers before the series started, i threw up a lil bit in my mouth.

I’d think they at least realize they still have some SD fans and to stay the fuck out of it, but no …

great game last night. I had two hunches before the series started

1. Cleavinger would suck and we’d lose game 1 - he did and we did
        2. Kershaw is historically a playoff flop. He sort of was, just enough anyway.

Are they bringing out Mr No-No for G3 or sticking with the rotation and Snell. I’m ok with Snell - he had a bad outing in NY but was solid most of the last month+ of season. But Musgrove is a master, he comes up big, I’d rather see him on the mound.

I’ll bet he sits Drury again too - 50/50 odds perhaps.
        It'll be Snell and I like him too, he'll bounce back.
        this is suddenly a very winnable series now with a game stolen in LA.
        Crownzone was huge, he needed to break out.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You mean this one?

From 4 years ago?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Yeah, I feel like the 2 inning save usually ends up back firing. What a game though.
            .I actually thought Harder was a bit shaky...they were hitting the ball hard against him in the 9th, luckily right at someone.
            It’s the one issue I’ve had with Coach Melvin and he did it in Oakland a lot often with disastrous results.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Chargers social media didn’t post anything about baseball or the dodgers this year.

I think this board is pretty much really no dodger fans.

that was such an epic win last night

i believe we have to win Friday and Saturday. Sunday game 5 in LA we will be pitching on fumes
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                Chargers social media didn’t post anything about baseball or the dodgers this year.

I think this board is pretty much really no dodger fans.

that was such an epic win last night

i believe we have to win Friday and Saturday. Sunday game 5 in LA we will be pitching on fumes
                I told my wife before the game that I thought the padres had shown me something in game 1 and that I felt they might’ve come back in that game with a better umpire…then I made her laugh when I told her they were going to win yesterday…she wasn’t laughing by end tho
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2022
                  • Send PM

I have enjoyed so much watching baseball...more so than football in some ways....football is just not as good as it used to be.....cmon Soto...play better defense...some of those flies looked so catchable with a better defensive guy out there.....should replace him in the 9th innings with someone else...and maybe hit like we signed you for...we might win this thing....I think we have the pitching to do it...the El Cajon boy...that heat toughened him up. No heat like El Cajon.

No Fking Staley to ruin my game.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Suarez has a great back story. Can’t help but root for the kid. I don’t know what happened to Soto. Bus bat is a feather. Can’t help thinking about the line up with a healthy Tatis

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Suarez has a great back story. Can’t help but root for the kid. I don’t know what happened to Soto. Bus bat is a feather. Can’t help thinking about the line up with a healthy Tatis
                      Its Lombardi's fault.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It'll be Snell and I like him too, he'll bounce back.
                        this is suddenly a very winnable series now with a game stolen in LA.
                        Crownzone was huge, he needed to break out.
                        Yeah I agree that this series is very winnable now.

Snell in game three at home is genius by Melvin. Snell has all the stuff to be great but has issues with mental toughness. Sending out Snell in a familiar setting at home with his fans loving him and hopefully the bats give him a lead and confidence and he starts dealing.

Game 4 with musgrove makes so much sense. It’s a huge game either way. Either he is trying to close the door on a series win or he’s trying to get us to LA for game 5 but that’s a HIGH pressure situation and Red Hot Musgrove is the guy after Yu I want on the mound.

If this series goes back to LA Yu is lined up to give us a stone cold veteran ace performance.

Overal turning this into a 3 game series with home field advantage is exactly how you beat a team as good as the Dodgers. I’m also really excited with how bad the Dodgers pen has been and how much they’ve been used. Roberts seems to be using them early and often and treating them like widgets he can just put in there anytime vs having specific roles. It seems to have thrown his BP off and the padres hitters aren’t playing.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

\T
                          Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

You mean this one?

From 4 years ago?
                          i just threw up in my mouth a little bit GIF by chuber channel
                          Thats the one … thanks for clarifying. Still gets me right there, regardless if Pads were not in the playoffs.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X