• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'll probably get accused of stirring the pot but I wonder if he didn't suffer a bruised kidney a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to go back and look at the TD catch from last game but I don't recall thinking kidney type of hit on that one. I thought he may have aggravated the "hip" injury he suffered earlier.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      I'll probably get accused of stirring the pot but I wonder if he didn't suffer a bruised kidney a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to go back and look at the TD catch from last game but I don't recall thinking kidney type of hit on that one. I thought he may have aggravated the "hip" injury he suffered earlier.
      I have never had a lacerated or bruised kidney so I couldn't say anything with authority on it, but one of the girls on my daughter's club soccer team got one last year. She got nailed about halfway through the second half of a game, stayed in and played the rest of the game. It was sore and felt a bit off but it wasn't until that evening that it started hurting worse and worse and she started having blood in her urine. She spent a couple of days in the hospital and the doctor's wouldn't let her play the rest of the season. I'm not surprised that they couldn't tell what it was initially - maybe one of the doctors on the board can pipe up.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I have never had a lacerated or bruised kidney so I couldn't say anything with authority on it, but one of the girls on my daughter's club soccer team got one last year. She got nailed about halfway through the second half of a game, stayed in and played the rest of the game. It was sore and felt a bit off but it wasn't until that evening that it started hurting worse and worse and she started having blood in her urine. She spent a couple of days in the hospital and the doctor's wouldn't let her play the rest of the season. I'm not surprised that they couldn't tell what it was initially - maybe one of the doctors on the board can pipe up.
        One of this issues with the short passing game (WRs catching in front of the safeties) is that they are going to to get hit more often. I think it was GB when Allen took a pretty good hit that took him out of the game. At that time they said it was his hip. I could be wrong about the actual circumstances and the game that occured. But in the play where Allen got hurt this last game he really didn't get hit in the kidney from what I recall. He landed hard so I initially thought he may have reinjured the hip. But I wonder, of course I have never been a McCoy guy, if he didn't have a bruised kidney early (perhaps undiagnosed, perhaps hidden from the injury report - who knows) and the fall caused the laceration. I would expect bruised tissue is more subjective to damage than healthy tissue, but I ain't no doc. Just from what I remember from the catch that sent Allen out I don't recall seeing him get hit in or around the area of the kidneys.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          One of this issues with the short passing game (WRs catching in front of the safeties) is that they are going to to get hit more often. I think it was GB when Allen took a pretty good hit that took him out of the game. At that time they said it was his hip. I could be wrong about the actual circumstances and the game that occured. But in the play where Allen got hurt this last game he really didn't get hit in the kidney from what I recall. He landed hard so I initially thought he may have reinjured the hip. But I wonder, of course I have never been a McCoy guy, if he didn't have a bruised kidney early (perhaps undiagnosed, perhaps hidden from the injury report - who knows) and the fall caused the laceration. I would expect bruised tissue is more subjective to damage than healthy tissue, but I ain't no doc. Just from what I remember from the catch that sent Allen out I don't recall seeing him get hit in or around the area of the kidneys.
          You know what? I was thinking about this very same thing the other day and I texted my kid about it. She is in the middles of taking her board exams, so she hasn't been able to answer yet. I didn't see anything in that play Sunday that said kidney. I did think he had an issue 2 weeks ago tho.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I thought I saw Allen take a hit in the air extended in the side/low back from the safety as he was comming down. Need a gif...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
            X