• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    The left handed compliment of the day. Courtesy of John Fox.

John Fox on Mike McCoy: 'I thought he was a bright, young coach'
    Most navy seals will take direction and follow orders to the t.

Not to let McCoy off the hook but its hard to coach shit heads.

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
      Most navy seals will take direction and follow orders to the t.

Not to let McCoy off the hook but its hard to coach shit heads.
      The right leader can turn a shit head into a valuable asset. The right leader isn't always easy to find, but they are out there. Every time I think of leaders re: The NFL, I think of the Pittsburgh Steelers. 3 freaking Head Coaches since 1969 and all three have had success and most importantly, all three have Lombardi's.

For some reason, we are often the most injured team in the league. Is soft breeding soft, which breeds soft. Why is it that we are the most injured team in the league? Are players not willing to play through boo-boo's, are they allowed to be soft, is our training and medical staff overly cautious, is the water at Chargers park different than that in say GB or NE?

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        The right leader can turn a shit head into a valuable asset. The right leader isn't always easy to find, but they are out there. Every time I think of leaders re: The NFL, I think of the Pittsburgh Steelers. 3 freaking Head Coaches since 1969 and all three have had success and most importantly, all three have Lombardi's.

For some reason, we are often the most injured team in the league. Is soft breeding soft, which breeds soft. Why is it that we are the most injured team in the league? Are players not willing to play through boo-boo's, are they allowed to be soft, is our training and medical staff overly cautious, is the water at Chargers park different than that in say GB or NE?
        There's a reason some teams are constantly good and some teams are not. It all starts at the top.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

In the Rooney family, the Steelers also have ownership that is about as stable as it comes.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

"Attitude reflects leadership." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guA_4AzXqh0
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Iowachargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Dow City, Iowa
              • Send PM

"
              Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              I was talking to my brother in Portland yesterday and he was claiming Chargers players are staying out late partying in the Gaslamp quarter before all home games. I told him, it used to be that way under NOrv when guys like Phillips were out late at clubs getting in trouble- but he says no- its still happening and he has friends that see it frequently. Then he says McCoy is soft and the players don't respect him.

Personally, I never heard or read a word about the guys still being out late before games like the bad old days. If true, and coupled with the comment about MM being soft- it would explain a lot.
              In this day and age, how come nobody takes pictures of these players staying out late?

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post
                "

In this day and age, how come nobody takes pictures of these players staying out late?
                Because there's not that much storage, even in cloud architecture, to store the pictures of athletes who enjoy the nightlife.

I'd venture to guess if their name isn't Rivers or P. Manning, they're probably out partying.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I know I am!
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Maybe. The best leader gets the maximum performance out of someone under him. However, if the raw physical and mental ability are not present, even the best leader will be limited on what they can get out of someone. The twist we also experience a lot here is injuries limiting practice and physical performance so even some players with ability may not be able to play up to their potential and that is something a leader really cannot control.

Comment

Working...
                    X