Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

"Dead beat dad" implies that one of our Chargers is lacking in good moral fibre.

My reliable source is a fan who had a two hour convo with JC at Starbucks, after he got his big Charger contract.

Baby mama is doing JC dirty.

The lawyers have got this.
    Still waiting to hear specifics....but my guess is he was not happy with a ruling, got angry and expressive in the court room, maybe dropped a few f-bombs, and a no nonsense judge slapped a contempt of court on him...it's common when there are heated exchanges in family court, especially if the judge is a ball breaker.

But on JC....I don't miss him. Not that I don't like him, or don't have hopes that he will turn it around...but the way Mike Davis has come on, and Leonard had a great camp, and Jasir is looking very promising...hell, if we ate some of his salary, could we get a good trade done, that would ultimately help us capwise, and give us a decent pick?

Some of you rule guys....is there a portion of the salary that can't be traded away, even if the other team is willing? Like maybe signing bonus that is pro rated? Or is it entirely up to the two trade partners on who assumes contract, and how much? Just curious...

Again, I don't have anything against the guy, and feel there is a good chance he can bounce back...but a good trade deal might net pick(s) and cap relief...and our secondary really isn't too shabby without him...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Still waiting to hear specifics....but my guess is he was not happy with a ruling, got angry and expressive in the court room, maybe dropped a few f-bombs, and a no nonsense judge slapped a contempt of court on him...it's common when there are heated exchanges in family court, especially if the judge is a ball breaker.

But on JC....I don't miss him. Not that I don't like him, or don't have hopes that he will turn it around...but the way Mike Davis has come on, and Leonard had a great camp, and Jasir is looking very promising...hell, if we ate some of his salary, could we get a good trade done, that would ultimately help us capwise, and give us a decent pick?

Some of you rule guys....is there a portion of the salary that can't be traded away, even if the other team is willing? Like maybe signing bonus that is pro rated? Or is it entirely up to the two trade partners on who assumes contract, and how much? Just curious...

Again, I don't have anything against the guy, and feel there is a good chance he can bounce back...but a good trade deal might net pick(s) and cap relief...and our secondary really isn't too shabby without him...
      There is just too many variables, most with huge ramifications.

Herbert. Bosa.
      $17 million cap hit.

It will be interesting.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is just too many variables, most with huge ramifications.

Herbert. Bosa.
        $17 million cap hit.

It will be interesting.
        Their is no market for JC and the contract he carries; along with his injury. TT screwed up. I would release him and move on. You can't keep a problem player just to avoid a cap hit. The chargers are too close to being a good/great team.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Their is no market for JC and the contract he carries; along with his injury. TT screwed up. I would release him and move on. You can't keep a problem player just to avoid a cap hit. The chargers are too close to being a good/great team.
          Agreed. Plus, we don't even know if he CAN come back from the type of injury he sustained. Best case scenario has him back on the field no earlier than July, so he's already going to start '23 behind the 8-ball. And it's not like he was playing lights out until he got injured. Hell, he even got benched and never really fit in.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I'll wait to hear more specifics before burying the guy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Problem player? Lol, wow he already has a tag.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That's what logical people do.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

If JCJ turns out to be a bust, whether on or off the field, the Bolts DO have an OUT in his contract...but they'll have to wait until the end of the 2024 season...ouch...a bitter pill to swallow...

jc jackson spotrac.jpg

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

As soon as he was released, mr.int made a post on Instagram.

It was his own mug shot and
                    SHE TRYN PLAY ME

Did I not give TPB enough of a heads up on the 19th ?
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's what logical people do.
                      Sure; but I doubt he was arrested for doing charity work.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Sure; but I doubt he was arrested for doing charity work.
                        What we do know is it was a non violent family incident. Think I'd wait til more info comes out to give him a label of problem player. He hasn't been a problem player in his career or he wouldn't be here.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yeah, it sounds kind of weird and maybe non-problematic. Need to know more.

I’ll also wait to see him play more before cutting him, too. He didn’t play well in his start here, agree. Its a small sample size, he seemed to not have a grasp on the scheme and was thinking more than naturally playing/reacting. but he played much better over a longer stretch in NE. I understand folks are disappointed, we thought we bought a #1 lockdown corner and he didn’t produce immediately.

Staley has been dialing up more press cover recently than he did at the beginning of the year. That approach seems better suited to what JCJ did well in NE - maybe he’ll play better next year. I think the rush to ride a guy’s back around here at times is premature.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X