• Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Jerry Hughes is nice

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Talking about the Eagles on TNF just now, all of their off s Eason moves seemed to have worked well.

contrast with the Chargers where maybe one move worked and the big one was a whiff

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Talking about the Eagles on TNF just now, all of their off s Eason moves seemed to have worked well.

contrast with the Chargers where maybe one move worked and the big one was a whiff
        You're a hard man to please - I give you Carter, Everett, Van Noy, Callahan, Harris, Mack, Fox, Joseph-Day, and Johnson.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          You're a hard man to please - I give you Carter, Everett, Van Noy, Callahan, Harris, Mack, Fox, Joseph-Day, and Johnson.
          Everett replaced Cook, a bit better, Callahan is an upgrade over Harris but all these defenseive guys haven’t resulted in a better defense. We’re still a piss poor rushing defense. How much better are Mack’s numbers than Chenna. Not much and twice the price. Is Van Noy noticeably better than White. Not from watching the Eagles play.

carter has caught a few balls but Andre Robert’s was better as a returner.

so a lot of turnover but the same results on defense.

and we got no weapons for Herbert.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Everett replaced Cook, a bit better, Callahan is an upgrade over Harris but all these defenseive guys haven’t resulted in a better defense. We’re still a piss poor rushing defense. How much better are Mack’s numbers than Chenna. Not much and twice the price. Is Van Noy noticeably better than White. Not from watching the Eagles play.

Van Noy wasn't signed to replace White. He was supposed to be Edge depth but has had to play some ILB. Everett is much better than Cook was and Callahan is much better than Harris.

Why the defense hasn't gelled, I don't know why but they have had their moments. Not as bad on 3rd downs for one thing. I think Fox is nice depth as well. Tillery is a part timer now in a role he is good at.

Macks cap hit is 8.7 mil, Chenna's is 6.3 mil..

Hopefully they start gelling and playing better in the second half.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-03-2022, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Van Noy wasn't signed to replace White. He was supposed to be Edge depth but has had to play some ILB. Everett is much better than zcook was and Callahan is much better than Harris.

Why the defense hasn't gelled, I don't know why but they have had their moments. Not as bad on 3rd downs for one thing. I think foxmis nice depth as well. Tillery is a part timer now in a role he is good at.

Macks cap hit is 8.7 mil, Chenna's is 6.3 mil..

Hopefully they start telling and playing better in the second half.
              That would be great. You never know but we haven’t really seen it thus far and giving up huge points to JaX and Seattle doesn’t make me think these wholesale changes yield the right results.

meanwhile aside from swapping Everett for Cook nothing was done to give Herbert an explosive playmaker.

screw it tho. Doesn’t matter who the players are if the coaches aren’t good

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Facts.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

I have been "scouting" possible backup quarterbacks for the future, since I don't think Herbert, or nearly anyone else, is the iron man Philip Rivers was. I was interested in Davis Mills at the start of the season as a possibility, but not so much now. Then I made a joke about Baker Mayfield. Now I'm starting to think Baker may be a possibility.

I would love to have Baker as a backup. Unless he returns to the lineup in Carolina and lights it up the rest of this season, I don't see him getting a starting job there or anywhere else. The only holdup would be he probably would want to go somewhere in which the starter isn't nearly the caliber Herbert is. More realistically he would go somewhere like San Francisco, Seattle, New Jersey (either team), Pittsburgh or Chicago.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    I recall the scouting report on Texans rookie RB Damien Pierce out of U of FLA Gators program:
                    "His game is perfectly suited for the NFL."
                    I hereby tout Bijan Robinson of the Texas Longhorns.
                    You aren't suggesting the Bolts should've drafted Pierce instead of JT Woods (and Stiller) are you?

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

That's a lot of good players but no results. To my way of thinking it means the scheme doesn't fit our players. Time for a different coaching staff?

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        That's a lot of good players but no results. To my way of thinking it means the scheme doesn't fit our players. Time for a different coaching staff?
                        Must be. We already turned over a lot of players and brought guys in who were supposed to be familiar with, and able to play, Staley's scheme. Same results as last year so far. We're a bottom of the NFL defense. Now you have to look at the coach(es).

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Packers more disappointing than the Chargers? Losing to the Lions.

Comment

Working...
                          X