• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Tweets of a few minutes ago divulge that there was constant, appropriate communication between the league and the two teams.

The Bills are indeed flying back to Buffalo tonight, and the league has not yet begun to decide what to do next football wise.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

That's why I'm thinking they shouldn't of gotten the okay from the NFL to fly home. Finish the game tomorrow so KC doesn't back into the #1 seed.
      The players and coaches have suffered a significant trauma, hearing good news about the situation is great and helps the healing process, but they need more.
      Imho, some urgent therapeutic, stabilization intervention.
      similar to what they do to whole communities after a natural disaster, they send in licensed therapist to do group and/or individual truama therapy.
      I'd say this is appropriate before they can be expected to play (literally) the same game that traumatized them to begin with.
      Potential for re-triggering is high and emotional/psychological damages could occur.
      NFL needs to be sensitive to this, if even for optics-sake.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Vitals back to normal is a really good sign. Vitals include blood oxygen levels. The intubation is proper care after heart trauma and resuscitation.
        Hopefully he didn't suffer any brain damage from lack of oxygen before they resuscitated him.
        I envision seeing him on TV in a few days and him being so happy to see his kids charity gained over a million dollars.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Vitals back to normal is a really good sign. Vitals include blood oxygen levels. The intubation is proper care after heart trauma and resuscitation.
          Hopefully he didn't suffer any brain damage from lack of oxygen before they resuscitated him.
          I envision seeing him on TV in a few days and him being so happy to see his kids charity gained over a million dollars.
          Manifest that!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Buffalo will have to forfeit. Can’t re arrange everyone’s schedule and there has to be a W and L for the game. That’s the simplest way to handle it.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

The Bills team Twitter apparently announced that Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest, which is essentially clinical death. Apparently, his heartbeat was restored eventually, but the outcomes from these types of scenarios are not good, especially accounting for the prolonged duration that he wasn't breathing. The reactions on the players on the field seemed like they saw and/or felt death nearby. Very surreal.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

As a reminder, we have a moratorium on COVID related discussion. Let the doctors who are caring for him do their work, and hopefully he gets better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Buffalo will have to forfeit. Can’t re arrange everyone’s schedule and there has to be a W and L for the game. That’s the simplest way to handle it.
                  That would be the wrong thing

Play the games this week end and see what happens

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Man I’m glad I never signed up for any social media accounts and just watching this it almost instantly went from not even being about this poor kid and more about what is and is not allowed to be discussed. No doubt Goodell is a tool but can he have more than five minutes to make a decision and announcement?

Burn it to the ground Elon and then nuke it from space just to be sure.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It doesn't sound like a myocardial infarction or a thrombosis, which is oxygen supply being cut off to heart tissue due to a blood clot in the heart.
                      No, it didn’t. But his heart stopped and for some reason his respiratory function didn’t return when they resuscitated his heart. If it had, he wouldnt need intubation. its way outside my expertise.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        Man I’m glad I never signed up for any social media accounts and just watching this it almost instantly went from not even being about this poor kid and more about what is and is not allowed to be discussed. No doubt Goodell is a tool but can he have more than five minutes to make a decision and announcement?

Burn it to the ground Elon and then nuke it from space just to be sure.
                        I agree. Social media is a cesspit of drivel and nonsense with virtue signaling and attention seeking on all sides with mostly everyone being generally insufferable. The bygone days of the Internet in the mid-to-late 90s are in the rear view, and only remnants remain in forums just like this and on Telegram for the most part.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No, it didn’t. But his heart stopped and for some reason his respiratory function didn’t return when they resuscitated his heart. If it had, he wouldnt need intubation. its way outside my expertise.
                          Yeah, he suffered cardiac arrest so it wasn't thrombosis.

I wonder if this is going to be the beginning of the end of NFL tackle football as we know it. It will depend if they find he had some sort of previously undiagnosed condition that caused his heart to stop. If not, if a perfectly normal player without any pre-existing condition can suffer cardiac arrest by being hit during the course of a routine play, are players going to want to subject themselves to that?

Comment

Working...
                          X