Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Who is Jason Moore? I didn't follow TC like many of you, but this is the first time I've ever seen the guy's name in a post. So much for Bandy being all that. Our top four better be able to go full tilt, full game. We can't afford another injury there.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not a big Moore fan, but the team is obviously higher on him than Bandy...for some reason...
      I really like Bandy's ability to get open on short routes. Reminds me of Keenan that way. Maybe they want a deeper threat?

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Let's get this Powder Blue MOJO rolling! What's the over under on fire Lombardi posts in the game day thread? 65?
        LOL! Every call that doesn't result in a TD, or a gain of more than 5 yards, will elicit a 'Fire Lombardi Now!' post.
        Last edited by QSmokey; 09-15-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

must be ST's tackling..... other wise Bandy is better
          That's probably it.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I was reading-- don't quite remember where-- someone compare Khalil Mack's impact with that of longtime Eagle/Packer DT Reggie White.

I had never thought of that comparison before, probably because these two guys played entirely different positions.

But... as I reflected on that comparison, and the tape I've seen on each guy, I realized there's a lot of accuracy in it.

<*> Both had the ability to absolutely DISCARD an opponent. Just toss them out of the way. That's rare.

<*> Both are SO disruptive that they often look like, as the saying goes, "a man among boys". Rare level of ability to DOMINATE.

<*> Both play with a level of intensity that no one else on their respective defense exceeds. Perhaps equals, but never exceeds. Supremely COMPETITIVE.

It's only been one game, but I think it's pretty clear that the Khalil Mack of today belongs in "the conversation" about the NFL's most IMPACTFUL players.

May we see a whole hell of a lot of that tonight, please!
            White was a defensive end, not a DT. He was just a big defensive end.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

LOL! Every call that doesn't result in a TD, or a gain of more than 5 yards, will illicit a 'Fire Lombardi Now!' post.
              Sadly, that isn't that far from what happens.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cocktailslv View Post
                NEED HELP regarding watching tonight‘s game…

I am out of the country (Mexico) for our annual vacation. I have an Amazon Prime membership.

Will I be able to stream the game while here for some type of country communication regulation against that? My prime page looks a little different and when I go to the sports it shows Mexican sports.
                Try watching something like Rings of Power (an Amazon Prime show). If it works, you should be good. I'm in Italy, so I'm hoping the fact that I can watch Amazon Prime shows means I'll be good to go.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

This game has freakin everything! For everyone! WOW. Pretty fuckin exciting that OUR team is part of an epic football match-up this early in the season! Drama galore.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I really like Bandy's ability to get open on short routes. Reminds me of Keenan that way. Maybe they want a deeper threat?
                    Popper has reported that he can only play slot, where other receivers can also play outside and on ST so that is likely it.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Moore appears to have some talent maybe he is consistently good in practice?:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Popper has reported that he can only play slot, where other receivers can also play outside and on ST so that is likely it.
                        more is much bigger too so he is likely a better blocker and tackler....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

LOL! Every call that doesn't result in a TD, or a gain of more than 5 yards, will illicit a 'Fire Lombardi Now!' post.
                          pretty much - yes

I am interested to see how the Chargers defense does in relation to Arizonas defensive performance. Reading a bit about that game - the defense was unprepared and players not in synch with the defense being ran, unorganized on the field. And the Chiefs are good enough anyway without a defense not being prepared mentally to play. Hopefully with players like James and Mack and Bosa - they have that part figured out.

Until the Chargers, Raiders or Broncos beat the Chiefs - they own the division and tonight, win or lose, doesn't change that. But, a win would be a nice way to start to change that!

Comment

Working...
                          X