Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Did you know, starting the season with these same two division rivals, the Chiefs and raiders, has happened before?

In 1961 we played the Dallas Texans (KC Chiefs now) in week one. We beat them at Dallas 26-10.
    In week two we played the raiders in San Diego (our first regular season home game in SD). We walloped the raiders 44-0. My late wife and I were at that game in Balboa stadium. It was a very hot day but we sure enjoyed it.

The 2-0 start was great. Here's hoping we can match it this time.

---
    Streams:
    https://www.streameast.xyz/nfl/los-a...s-city-chiefs/
    NFL streams is the official backup for Reddit NFL streams. Watch every NFL games free online in your mobile, pc and tablet.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Go Bolts... its Game Day somewhere!

Comment

• SBbound
      Casual fanatic
      • Feb 2019
      • Merced/San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Did you know, starting the season with these same two division rivals, the Chiefs and raiders, has happened before?

In 1961 we played the Dallas Texans (KC Chiefs now) in week one. We beat them at Dallas 26-10.
      In week two we played the raiders in San Diego (our first regular season home game in SD). We walloped the raiders 44-0. My late wife and I were at that game in Balboa stadium. It was a very hot day but we sure enjoyed it.

So awesome to read this.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

The game is rebroadcast on NFL station at 9:15 pacific time.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

I have to say, I'm not certain what to expect to see in this game. The four-days-of-rest applies to both teams equally, but the Chiefs aren't making a road trip, and the Bolts are. We still don't know if JC Jackson will be making his Charger debut, and it will be a factor, if he *does*.

I saw the offense run some plays against the Raiders that I'd never seen them run before. Those cross-buck runs by Ekeler? The Raiders had never seen it on tape and weren't ready. I suspect we'll see the debut of a few more offensive wrinkles vs. KC, things that the Chiefs won't be prepared for.

Special teams came up big against Vegas, the lone exception being Hopkins' missed FGA. The Bolts will need another PLUS outing from their 'teams units tomorrow.

Ball security was a huge plus for the Chargers against the Raiders, and they won't beat the Chiefs without minimizing or eliminating turnovers.

I'm not concerned about who'll fill Keenan's shoes-- DeAndre Carter answered that question Sunday. Mike Williams and Jalen Guyton got very little action in that game, so they'll be more fresh than most of the players out there on the field. I think the wideout group is well situated to get the job done.

On defense, I think the question is *this*: Who'll make the big plays? (Besides Khalil Mack, I mean. I have no doubt there.) Who on the Bolts' defense can help shift the tide of the game toward the blue and gold? There are plenty of candidates-- Derwin, Bosa, Asante Samuel... But a couple of players will have to step up with key, momentum shifting plays.

I'm confident that Herb will be fine. Again, I suspect we'll see a few wrinkles that we (and the Chiefs) haven't seen previously. I'm VERY curious about *that*.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Here's a "Baldy Breakdown" of the Chargers, heading into the Thursday night game.

Baldy Breakdowns: Chargers Top Impact Players | LA Chargers - YouTube
            Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 09-14-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
              The four-days-of-rest applies to both teams equally, but the Chiefs aren't making a road trip, and the Bolts are.
              The Chiefs are traveling from Arizona which isn't that far from LA.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Yo Bosa and Mack.............

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Just a couple of random positives: this team is not intimidated at Arrowhead and did you notice the way Kelley was protecting the rock in his carries? I'm telling ya, all these little improvements are going to snowball and this is a different team than the one we saw last year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                    I have to say, I'm not certain what to expect to see in this game. The four-days-of-rest applies to both teams equally, but the Chiefs aren't making a road trip, and the Bolts are. We still don't know if JC Jackson will be making his Charger debut, and it will be a factor, if he *does*.

I saw the offense run some plays against the Raiders that I'd never seen them run before. Those cross-buck runs by Ekeler? The Raiders had never seen it on tape and weren't ready. I suspect we'll see the debut of a few more offensive wrinkles vs. KC, things that the Chiefs won't be prepared for.

Special teams came up big against Vegas, the lone exception being Hopkins' missed FGA. The Bolts will need another PLUS outing from their 'teams units tomorrow.

Ball security was a huge plus for the Chargers against the Raiders, and they won't beat the Chiefs without minimizing or eliminating turnovers.

I'm not concerned about who'll fill Keenan's shoes-- DeAndre Carter answered that question Sunday. Mike Williams and Jalen Guyton got very little action in that game, so they'll be more fresh than most of the players out there on the field. I think the wideout group is well situated to get the job done.

On defense, I think the question is *this*: Who'll make the big plays? (Besides Khalil Mack, I mean. I have no doubt there.) Who on the Bolts' defense can help shift the tide of the game toward the blue and gold? There are plenty of candidates-- Derwin, Bosa, Asante Samuel... But a couple of players will have to step up with key, momentum shifting plays.

I'm confident that Herb will be fine. Again, I suspect we'll see a few wrinkles that we (and the Chiefs) haven't seen previously. I'm VERY curious about *that*.
                    road team has won the last two thursday night games between the Bolts and Chiefs

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The Chargers Historian has spoken... let it be done.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Control Chris Jones and you control the Chief's defense.

Recent Charger interior of the past (Feeney, Schofield) used to get killed by Jones.
                        Frank Clarke is done, stick a fork in him.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍