Chargers @ Texans Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post

Oh I see what you did there .
    I will respond with a Titanic analogy...
    :goofylol:
    Forgot to say "fixed it for ya"

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • victoria b.c.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Forgot to say "fixed it for ya"
      Either would work but the IF has to be full screen size:rimshot:

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Yep ,Lombardi didn't fumble at the 15 yardline or make defensive calls.
        I agree. I think the Chargers have had nice offensive coordinators in recent years. It’s head coaching that has been more concerning. I just hope the Chargers can continue to build off of this win.

It was most encouraging to see the rookie Salyer play well. It’s going to get much tougher for him going forward, but as a fan, he just feels to me like a solid offensive lineman that won’t get overwhelmed by the moment.

Herbert looked more comfortable out there too! It was still a win with no major injuries, so I feel positive overall about the win.
        Last edited by BoltUp InLA; 10-02-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

We should do more ball on the ground drill. We can’t seem to get any of those fumbles. Great team win. I thought we were going to collapse after the Carter fumble.
          Another reason why its best to down ball in end zone and take the easy 25 instead of returing and risking, penalties, fumbles, injuries, or less than the 25 yard line.....

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I like Bill Cowher’s end of game philosophy. Talking about Ravens-Bills.

Defense, here’s the lead, go out there and win the game for us.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

This place wants everyone to play at a probowl level of they suck lol.
              No just the guys who are getting paid at a pro bowl level

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Mel Gordon appears to have been benched. JW injured, 3rd string RB now playing. LOL.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  I like Bill Cowher’s end of game philosophy. Talking about Ravens-Bills.

Defense, here’s the lead, go out there and win the game for us.
                  I didn't get Harbaugh there - that was a 4tha nd 4. You have to take the lead there. Added to it - Lamar threw it up for grabs which was 16 yards of field position. Harbaugh screwed up

As for the Chargers - will take the W. Thats all there is to say. Win and figre it out

I do think they might want to find better depth if Bosa is out 8-10 weeks

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

We had some good news today. Ekeler and MW showed up big in clutch moments. Salyer held his own in his first game as a pro at LT. Bandy showed he can play in the nfl. Herbert looked comfortable. Mack had a nice game as well. And we had nobody injured. Palmer tweaked his ankle but was well enough to play.

next we have the browns which will be a huge test for our run d. I’m hoping we get Parham and Keenan back as extra weapons.

on we roll

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

4th down decision bot says it was merely a "medium" on the scale, re going for it on 4th and two from our own 45 yard line at 5:23 to go in the game.

This was Staley aggressiveness resulting in a big play from EK.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                        Since Balboa Stadium
                        • Sep 2022
                        • LA
                        • Send PM

[QUOTE=Hadl2Alworth;n1392713]I'm excited about Bandy. Glad we're finally using him.

I have seriously changed my opinion about superstar receivers, as far as production and the money differential. Now its true, Brady suffered for years sometimes in NE not having great receives, but they still won superbowls.

Some of these new guys in the league(cincys chase..) and in general other first rounders are amazing at times...but that is at times. Other times they can just disappear. Mike Williams does make some amazing plays, but is he worth 60 Million over three years?

I think you probably need ONE superstar. My theory goes like this. The other defense focuses on the superstar, and all the no-name guys ,,,well...not that much attention is paid to them. How else can guys like Bandy be wide open while Williams is contested for every catch? We see it time and time again. Guys not that "fast" getting open and catching the ball.

Makes no sense. I think you can do just as well with guys who are just "football players" with good hands and grit. Not afraid to catch the ball. Are the elite guys amazing? Absolutely. But when a receiver gets hurt(like Keenan recently) I honestly don't panic at all. I know some no-name guy can step up.

Comment

• AZBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

A win on the road is always a good win
                          Ekeler back to being featured and scoring TD's
                          JH looked pretty darn good
                          James and Mack all over the field
                          Good pass Pro, run blocking not the best.
                          Sayler was pretty darn good.
                          Samuel another good game.

Kickoff returns were a nightmate, fumble and bad field position.
                          Run out the clock 3rd qtr playcalling way before it's time.

NIce to hear Slater may be back end of season Per NF..com

Comment

Working...
                          X