Chargers @ Texans Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Is Lombardi choosing who is in the game or the head coach?
    Good point, didn't even think of that, just assumed that was the OC's call.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

I am really starting to worry about the running game. We only had 3 ypr today against one of the weakest run Ds in the league. Ekler looks a little slower and we dont' really have a banger for short yardage. I think we are last in the league in rushing in many areas.

Worried a little about the WR corps too w Guyton out, We have a bunch of really possession Wrs now. KC looked dominant against TB in comparison w their units tonite, I think they have really pulled ahead of us this year.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Something to think about.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure there are any Lombardi apologists on here but I do defend him from some here who blame him for everything and cherry pick obscure stats to try and make a point. If you are speaking of RB, I can't really figure out the rotation, aside from they seem to trust Michele a lot more than most fans do.
          Sorry, shouldn't have phrased the question that way. It seems that every time Kelley starts getting hot, he is pulled from the rotation. Bandy was hot, then he disappeared. It just seems odd not to follow the hot-hand, regardless of the rotation you devised before the game. Agree that Michel is good at ball security. Maybe, as Jolt mentioned, it's not Lombardi's call on who to play.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Hey, I'm not *annointing* Salyer All Pro, much less H.O.F., so you're really changing my point. What I *am* saying is- Given that RT was a huge need heading into this past offseason, it's baffling that Staley didn't even kick the tires with Salyer at tackle in OTAs, or camp. With there being so much uncertainty at the RT position-- and so little depth-- it just doesn't add up that they didn't consider Salyer at tackle, until circumstances MANDATED it.
            Good point Quack...during PS, I repeatedly posted asking why Salyer wasn't given some reps at RT...instead, they had him with the 3rd stringers in the second half at G...and Salyer mostly did well...you would think our staff, as you correctly point out, would at least try Salyer out at T, his natural position, instead of automatically pidginholing him at G...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
              I thought the play calling in the first half was fine. I thought it was terrible in the second half. Maybe we need another OC that calls the plays in the second half.
              All joking aside, we don't hire a coach to call half a game correctly. We need a full-time coach, not a part time second half conservative playcalling failure...

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Something to think about.

Lol. jC can’t cover and can’t tackle but it’s Nas’ fault

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                  I am really starting to worry about the running game. We only had 3 ypr today against one of the weakest run Ds in the league. Ekler looks a little slower and we dont' really have a banger for short yardage. I think we are last in the league in rushing in many areas.

Worried a little about the WR corps too w Guyton out, We have a bunch of really possession Wrs now. KC looked dominant against TB in comparison w their units tonite, I think they have really pulled ahead of us this year.
                  KC is the healthiest team in the league right now.
                  I don't know how Andy Reid does it, but they miss very few starters long term each year,

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Yet when we had to have it he marched us down the field and got us a game sealing touchdown. Big props to Salyer for covering that backside today and that National Champion pedigree showed up. If he continues to develop and play well man that’s three very good and young olineman protecting Justin.
                    Feiler is as good as gone next season with Salyer here. Unless Feiler moves to RT. Salyer will be the starting LG next season. Feiler has had a tough start to the season. A line looking like Slater-Salyer-Linsley-Johnson-Feiler Is a good start. Feiler is a cut candidate along with M. Davis since they are in the red as of now.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Feiler is as good as gone next season with Salyer here. Unless Feiler moves to RT. Salyer will be the starting LG next season. Feiler has had a tough start to the season. A line looking like Slater-Salyer-Linsley-Johnson-Feiler Is a good start. Feiler is a cut candidate along with M. Davis since they are in the red as of now.
                      Trey Pipkins exists.

Comment

• lightsout42
                        Hire a winning coach
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        Herbert.png

Oh yeah, that coordinator fella's got to go. :rollseyes:
                        Because stats about passing yards in road games is how you get into the playoffs?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

I'll take it, but I was not impressed. I love how Salyer played today and hope he proves to be a reliable starter for us over the next handful of years. Herbert gutted it out and showed he's a true leader, doing so by playing well in spite of a painful injury. Other than that, I see the same old crap.

This game should have been a blowout against a very bad team. Against a better team we would have lost. Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn, and now Brandon Staley. Prove me wrong, Staley, but I don't see you as an upgrade so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X