• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

In watching the home charger games I've noticed that the TV broadcast never shows, what I am sure, are some very creative signs in the stadium. You guys that attend should start taking some pics and posting them here. Or, Am I wrong and there isn't anything really to speak of? Are the sign police removing anything that might be taken as a dig on the Spani?
    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      Engine....im sorry but your antirich words are bullshit. Having money has nothing to do with being a decent human being. I will bet nearly all of them give significant money to charities each year and support a lot of under privileged people. You may not agree with how they choose to spend THEIR money because it doesnt fit YOUR needs but to me I would spend MY money however the hell I wanted...and I tend to be more of a Democrat even in policy. Frankly ive been disappointed that San Diego as a whole cant fill up a stadium when other worse teams can in spades...as a business i would want to consider that to how to have the most successful business as possible...if SD is mediocre you bet i would look at other options with MY money.

RTPBOLT
      No need to be sorry. I can handle opposing viewpoints.

Most NFL owners are billionaires. You don't get a billion dollars by worrying about under-privileged people. Any charity helps with getting out of taxes. The mere fact that somebody would use millions upon millions of dollars to buy a football team shows that person has no interest in helping others.

I have no doubt the Spanoses will get richer by moving the team to Los Angeles. That's pretty key because having a billion dollars just isn't enough to survive.

Off topic - what are the other worse teams with fans who fill up their stadiums?

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Engine....im sorry but your antirich words are bullshit. Having money has nothing to do with being a decent human being. I will bet nearly all of them give significant money to charities each year and support a lot of under privileged people. You may not agree with how they choose to spend THEIR money because it doesnt fit YOUR needs but to me I would spend MY money however the hell I wanted...and I tend to be more of a Democrat even in policy. Frankly ive been disappointed that San Diego as a whole cant fill up a stadium when other worse teams can in spades...as a business i would want to consider that to how to have the most successful business as possible...if SD is mediocre you bet i would look at other options with MY money.

RTPBOLT
        Sorry, but I have a hard time taking you seriously when you mention the "bad San Diego fans" who "can't fill up a stadium", knowing all the while the bullshit the Spanoses are pulling on the city.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          Sorry, but I have a hard time taking you seriously when you mention the "bad San Diego fans" who "can't fill up a stadium", knowing all the while the bullshit the Spanoses are pulling on the city.
          But the fact that other teams' fans often 'infiltrate' Qualcomm stadium at a much higher rate than many other NFL cities is nothing new. This has been a common complaint for many years. Long before the Spanos family started the relocation bullshit.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            But the fact that other teams' fans often 'infiltrate' Qualcomm stadium at a much higher rate than many other NFL cities is nothing new. This has been a common complaint for many years. Long before the Spanos family started the relocation bullshit.
            It's not a problem when the Chargers are winning though.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Frankly ive been disappointed that San Diego as a whole cant fill up a stadium when other worse teams can in spades...as a business i would want to consider that to how to have the most successful business as possible...if SD is mediocre you bet i would look at other options with MY money.
              It's funny. In football and sports in general, fans get a bad rap if they are bandwagon fans but if you really think about it, they're the smartest fans. Support a product when it's good, not bad. Would you go to the movies for a movie that you know will suck or choose to go to one that got really great reviews? Would you buy a product off Amazon that has one star reviews or four star reviews?

If you're talking about this year, of course the fans aren't coming out because of the actions of Deano/Fabiani and because the product on the field is garbage. And it sure ain't going to change if they go to LA. In fact, it will most likely be worse because they don't have any fans there to begin with. At least here , there are still some die-hards here who will go watch a crappy product.

Be disappointed in the ownership, not the fans.

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                yes it is a go... Lo Neal is presenting.
                Not John Hadl?

No offense to LT, but to me, it's a travesty that Hadl as #21 isn't even considered.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  It's not a problem when the Chargers are winning though.
                  It's not as big a problem when the Chargers are winning.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    It's funny. In football and sports in general, fans get a bad rap if they are bandwagon fans but if you really think about it, they're the smartest fans. Support a product when it's good, not bad. Would you go to the movies for a movie that you know will suck or choose to go to one that got really great reviews? Would you buy a product off Amazon that has one star reviews or four star reviews?

If you're talking about this year, of course the fans aren't coming out because of the actions of Deano/Fabiani and because the product on the field is garbage. And it sure ain't going to change if they go to LA. In fact, it will most likely be worse because they don't have any fans there to begin with. At least here , there are still some die-hards here who will go watch a crappy product.

Be disappointed in the ownership, not the fans.
                    Been saying that for years. Hell, I've been DOING that for years.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I'm going to watch a crappy product this weekend. Whos with me?
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                        If the Spanoses show their faces now, I couldn't imagine things would go any better for them. .
                        Applause is a prerequisite to show your face to the fans that bankroll your lifestyle? If you've got the balls to desert a city that's embraced and supported you, you don't have the balls to face them? Hell, even the Bowl Haircut was more of a man.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Frankly ive been disappointed that San Diego as a whole cant fill up a stadium when other worse teams can in spades...as a business i would want to consider that to how to have the most successful business as possible...if SD is mediocre you bet i would look at other options with MY money.

RTPBOLT
                          Why do you think they don't fill a stadium or get enthusiastic support for a new one when their are literally Bolt decals on cars and Chargers apparel and Chargers talk all over the city? That's the team on the field and the players, but what role does ownership play (and for that matter other ownership groups for nearly every franchise ever to exist in this town)? Any chance citizens might be a little jaded?

I hope that if they follow the money north that they are smart enough to do a better job of building their brand with city government and the fanbase than they have here, where they've taken every opportunity to choose money over fans, star players and Chargers' heritage. Not that I'll follow them, but they'd be smart to approach it differently.

Comment

Working...
                          X