Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Imagine that…

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

NGL I was quite shocked when Linsley actually snapped the football.

I was too. I thought if they do snap it they will roll out so Herbert will have the option to run or throw. I still can't believe what we did and still wound up with the win. The worm has turned! We are having some good luck.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

That was a terrible play at the end. A force feed to Mike Will and thankful it wasnt pick sixed because of how high it tipped in the air. Better coaching staffs and teams with better QBs than Brissett are gonna take advatange of this teams inablity to close games out. That sequence of events should never happen when you have QB as good as Herbert.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I never would have expected us to have a better running attack than the Browns and I never would have thought they'd get more yards passing than we did. Kind of a reverse role.

I've come to the conclusion that our passing attack isn't all that good with KA out. M dub is the only WR we have that's dependable right now. Palmer was better as a rookie than he is now.

It sure was nice to see EK and Kelley finding some nice running lanes. I liked how they used them today with Ek getting most of the calls but Kelley also getting a reasonable amount of carries.

The new kicker was perfect - how about that! Salyer wasn't as good as last week but he was still very good. The OL got a game ball and they deserved it. Our DB's have not jelled yet. How about Pipkins! It took a while but he is a real live OT now.

If we can keep sneaking out little wins with the missing players now, we could be a much better team at the end of the year. We have two wins in a row with eight more needed to fulfill my ten game win streak prediction. Go Bolts!
          It seems obvious to me every week the Chargers really lack speed. Williams is great on contested throws but most of the receivers really have trouble gaining seperation.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We usually lose crapfests like this. I’ll take the W even if we are a shitty team.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Calling a game that the chargers put up 200+ rushing yards a crap fest is a bit much don't you think?
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

"...not kick it and hope to come out with a win".

What does that say about his "belief" in the defense? He "believed" the offense was going to get the 1st down on 4th and 2. They didn't. He "believed" that the defense was going to stop the Browns from getting into FG range from the Chargers side of midfield. They didn't. He got extremely lucky that the Browns have a worse FG kicker than the Chargers do.

Shitty coach. Shitty team.
                Shitty team? Wow.

didnt the Defense hold them to a >50 FG attempt? Didn’t that, in fact, work? Shitty team - holy shit, i wouldn’t want to be in your house the next game they actually lose.

Maybe their kicker isn’t worse, ours just kicked from 30 yards away. I recall a stat that he was perfect on the year before today. The laws of dispersion predict the further away, the less likely to stay within the uprights. Team did the job and guys calling them a shitty team after a WIN are pretty … never mind. I won’t drop to return insults. Hope tomorrow goes better for you bro.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Glad we pulled that win out on the road. The way the game started I had my doubts that we’d get that result. Outscored them 30-14 after that. Played a solid second half. Need to get better in the red zone on both offense and defense
                  There is something to be said for that.
                  First 2nd half that they won.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                    I'm ok with it because it worked (sort of)

On another note

Do we have a new PK?

Like this kid
                    That though didn’t pass me by … he did get a game ball today.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Maturity and wisdom from a man who's been around for awhile. I'm right with you on this, your comment about being a different team after 17 games is spot on. This team is 1. overcoming adversity caused by injury to key personnel and 2. still learning to play together with so many new faces. We see it every year. Teams that are playing their best early in the season often are not the best teams late in the season, and teams that struggle to win early in the season, but still win, like this Chargers team right now, often are the best teams late in the season. Last year the Rams endured a 3 game losing streak in the middle of the season. They got it together and won the Super Bowl. The Bengals last season dropped back to back home games to the Chargers and 49ers in early Dec and were barely over .500. But they rallied and went rolling hot into the post-season. The Chargers right now are in a very good place. And they get to play perhaps the most inept team in football next week, while the Chiefs have to deal with the Bills. Bolt Up!
                      Thanks for your always-rational thinking. The best team in the NFL mid-season last year was the Arizona Cardinals. I agree. Defense is a paradox but half the starters are new, it is more than possible they get better as they gel together more as a unit. It is a LONG season and this TPB crowd is here strictly for the now, not January. Shit, they fired our HC after a win lol.

We are 3-2, thats fine. The team needs to play more consistently, cut down the assignment mistakes, but that is more than possible. In the meantime, winning 60 % of games … not bad at all. Yet I read posts they are a shitty team. Fuck.

Comment

• Iowachargers70
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

I propose that for the posters who are already saying we won't make the playoffs, (chaincrusher, Qsmokey, Topcat, and probably others) that if we do make the playoffs, that they aren't allowed to post while we are in the playoffs. Anyone second this proposal?

Qsmokey has never posted a positive post about anything Chargers. Chain constantly beats a dead horse about anything and everything. Topcat posts a weekly poll about who he thinks should be fired instantly. Grabs the stick from chain and starts beating the same horse.

If you think I've only been on here for a short time, you're wrong. I've had other accounts related to my name. Been here since the beginning when Fleet started this. Just get tired of your guys same shit week after week. Is there anyway I can ignore their posts? Please help.

Comment

• LinksterAC
                          San Diego Chargers Fan
                          • Sep 2022
                          • San Diego County
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

good to see you

I think you were on the old UT San Diego Forum website by your user name

(if not correct - never mind but welcome anyway!)
                          Yeah, that’s me! Was a moderator there for a while—still technically am I guess. Glad to see some familiar faces.

Comment

Working...
                          X