• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    Haven't heard precisely what the Chargers' relocation fee will be. I've heard saying that it could be $500M-600M (which will be financed, not due at the time of the move) which is significantly lower than the $1B that was bounced around on here not more than a couple of weeks ago. We will know more in a month or so.
    Split it in the middle ($550M) and that comes out to be $18M per year.

No way in hell they would accept that.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Sorry, McCoy is the HC. He could have had Reich fired and taken over the play calling if he had a problem with it.
      Yep, totally agree.

Of course, unless he doesn't really have the power to do it. Who the hell knows with the way this franchise is being run.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        What I don't understand is why there aren't any adjustments on offense and that's supposed to be McCoy's strong suit. Rivers is running for his life but we never max protect or chip the edge rushers.

As long as Reich is calling plays, this offense isn't going to get the job done. I didn't have high hopes for him to begin with but I never imagined that he would be this bad.
        . But, but, but the passing stats are amazing! Can't run or pass block. Rivers is only reason this offence evens puts up points

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Split it in the middle ($550M) and that comes out to be $18M per year.

No way in hell they would accept that.
          Get back to me in January, if not before that. I've always said it was a done deal before all this came to the forefront and I am standing by it. From what I've heard, the Chargers leaving is a done deal, it's just a matter of which team goes with them. The league does not believe that San Diego can come up with the public financing they want to keep the Chargers here and get that approved by the voters.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

The Does Anybody Care thread title applied to the players too.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Get back to me in January, if not before that. I've always said it was a done deal before all this came to the forefront and I am standing by it. From what I've heard, the Chargers leaving is a done deal, it's just a matter of which team goes with them. The league does not believe that San Diego can come up with the public financing they want to keep the Chargers here and get that approved by the voters.
              I guess we're derailing this thread.

Where are these two teams going to play in LA next year?

Why are they talking about pushing the vote back to February and March now?

Why does it make sense to put two teams at once in LA when that market has proven not to support two teams?

Let's be truthful. This is a gigantic mess for the NFL. Kroenke doesn't want a partner and Deano doesn't want to be a tenant, the Raiders have no hope anywhere and Carson is a dump. And from all accounts there will only be one facility that can house a temporary team next year in LA. And the NFL has repeatedly said that they don't want any owner to have to go crawling back to their home city. What's the solution to all this?

Seems to me that the best scenario for all this is to push LA back one more year so some things can get figured out by next January. It just doesn't seem like there can be a solution to make everyone happy in the little time that's left.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I guess we're derailing this thread.

Where are these two teams going to play in LA next year?

Why are they talking about pushing the vote back to February and March now?

Why does it make sense to put two teams at once in LA when that market has proven not to support two teams?

Let's be truthful. This is a gigantic mess for the NFL. Kroenke doesn't want a partner and Deano doesn't want to be a tenant, the Raiders have no hope anywhere and Carson is a dump. And from all accounts there will only be one facility that can house a temporary team next year in LA. And the NFL has repeatedly said that they don't want any owner to have to go crawling back to their home city. What's the solution to all this?

Seems to me that the best scenario for all this is to push LA back one more year so some things can get figured out by next January. It just doesn't seem like there can be a solution to make everyone happy in the little time that's left.
                Goodell shot down talk about this not getting done until March.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Goodell shot down talk about this not getting done until March.
                  Link?

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Link?
                    Sorry, none. Heard it on the radio this week (Kogo, think the guy speaking was 1360). His point was the league doesn't want to string it out another year, he also made the point that the league doesn't believe that SD could get a stadium deal past the voters.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Carson only works if BOTH Chargers and Raiders move. 500-600 mil relo fee plus each team funding half the stadium puts this out of reach for Davis and Spanos. The relo fee is NFL telling them if they move they will need to share with Rams. Spanos can get something done in San Diego for less than it would cost them to move. Raiders have no prospects unless they share with us or Rams. I think Rams/Raiders or just Rams in LA. This is all just a big ploy by Spanos to get SD moving on stadium and trying to leverage for public money. It makes no sense from a revenue standpoint for him to move. He can have his own shiny stadium in his own market or share a stadium and market and pay a half a billion for the privilage

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Here is some more hear-say... Ian Rappaport was reported to say that LA will be delayed until 2017.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Rivers won't last that long behind this line. Guess he won't have to move after all

Comment

Working...
                          X