Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    We should win. But their D is quite good and nothing should be taken for granted with this Chargers team.
    Totally agree.

Divisional game.

Must win for Denver.

Wilson and Broncos have been shit talked in the media all week. They will be motivated.

They have a top 5 defence.

And as you say, this Charger team is unpredicatable and has not yet played its best football. Doesnt sound like Staley and the boys are taking it lightly which is good.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Totally agree.

Divisional game.

Must win for Denver.

Wilson and Broncos have been shit talked in the media all week. They will be motivated.

They have a top 5 defence.

And as you say, this Charger team is unpredicatable and has not yet played its best football. Doesnt sound like Staley and the boys are taking it lightly which is good.
      Yeah, the way they’re talking about denver being a problem…to me it shows how much respect they have for that defense…chubb is in a contract year and playing like it and then the rookie browning is proving to be a really nice draft pick for them…

everyone knows their secondary is top shelf and the DJ jones signing was fantastic…I’m just glad gregory is out for this one, I think their inside line backers are the biggest issue on their defense, correct?
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        The Broncos are 1st against the pass because they didn't play good pass offenses.
        This. When your offense can't score, opposing offenses don't have to score a lot on your defense and that makes your defense look better than it is.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          This. When your offense can't score, opposing offenses don't have to score a lot on your defense and that makes your defense look better than it is.
          No, their defense is good, really good…good enough that the fire lombardi thing will crop up again next week…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

High praise for Mike Williams, Justin Herbert and the direction of the offense for this season, which will that much better when KA returns.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I think we should win this game. All common sense points toward a win. The one thing that worries me is Russell Wilson. He is a real strong competitor and after hearing all the talk about him by the Denver media, he's going to want to quiet them down. He'll want that real bad. I've seen him pull out a win late in the game on many occasions and I sure hope he doesn't get that done against us. It's difficult, the way our defense has been doing, not to fear that possibility. Still, as I said, we should win this one.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Look at the Broncos' report.
                Keenan Allen WR Hamstring LP UNSPECIFIED
                Justin Herbert QB Ribs FP UNSPECIFIED
                Dustin Hopkins K Right Quadricep LP UNSPECIFIED
                Zion Johnson G Ankle FP UNSPECIFIED
                Josh Palmer WR Ankle/Knee FP UNSPECIFIED
                Trey Pipkins OT Knee LP UNSPECIFIED
                Kyle Van Noy MLB Back FP UNSPECIFIED

Denver Broncos
                Mike Boone RB Foot LP (-)
                Baron Browning OLB Wrist FP (-)
                Jonathon Cooper OLB Hamstring LP (-)
                Melvin Gordon III RB Neck/Ribs LP (-)
                Josey Jewell ILB Knee DNP (-)
                PJ Locke S Concussion FP (-)
                Damarri Mathis CB Knee LP (-)
                Quinn Meinerz G Hamstring LP (-)
                Latavius Murray RB Wrist FP (-)
                Aaron Patrick OLB Concussion FP (-)
                Darius Phillips CB Hamstring LP (-)
                Mike Purcell DL Ankle LP (-)
                Dalton Risner G Back DNP (-)
                Eric Saubert TE Thigh LP (-)
                Caden Sterns S Hip LP (-)
                Billy Turner OL Knee LP (-)
                K'Waun Williams CB Wrist LP (-)
                Russell Wilson QB Right Shoulder LP (-)

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

For the people still harping on the run defense…

our run defense has allowed the 14th most rush yards in the NFL this year despite getting torched by cleveland in one quarter for 103 yards…

by comparison our pass defense has allowed the 17th most passing yards…

our run defense has allowed the 6th fewest rushing TDs on the ground despite the browns getting three on sunday…

by comparison our pass defense ranks 29th for passing TDs allowed, just three spots from dead bottom of the league!!!

all these passing TDs being given up has us tied for most points allowed in the NFL this year!!!

the pass defense and not the run defense is contributing to this defense not being a top 15 defense ATM, not the other way around! I believe our linebackers and safeties have not been good in coverage but JC Jackson playing hurt has not helped matters either…the good news is that once Jackson is healthy and if we can get more from our linebackers and safeties this defense will become a balanced defense, teams could also be throwing on us more than last year because our run defense has improved…

right now our defense has the 3 fewest rushing attempts in the league against us, but at the same time we have the 23rd most passing attempts against us…this could be a big day for russell wilson thru the air…OR it could be the right game to boost our defensive rankings thru the air, we’ll see…

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I want us to bring our A game from the O, D and ST and a comfortable double digit win on national TV as a statement game.

Is that really too much to ask for? Instead we'll likely have one of those nail biting, divisional games that ends up being decided by one play and my Apple Watch will once again warn me that my heart rate is elevated!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Kelley is not fast. Not sure if he is faster but not fast. What I do see is he is more decisive. Seems to know where to go and what to do. That is really helping him.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

they have also allowed the 5th fewest yards thru the air…this is also a major concern
                        True but look at the QB's they've faced thus far. They haven't had to try to slow down a top QB yet. This Monday, they will have to face a top QB.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Chargers are the only team Russell Wilson has not beaten in his career. He also has not beaten the Seahawks, the team he played with for almost all his career, so I am not counting them. The Chargers are 2-0 against Wilson. It will be 3-0 after Monday Night.

Comment

Working...
                          X