Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True but look at the QB's they've faced thus far. They haven't had to try to slow down a top QB yet. This Monday, they will have to face a top QB.
    no question, but a top QB playing with bad ribs and missing his #1 WR and his deep pass threat WR too, the broncos keep everything in front of them but still somehow manage to play the intermediate area of the field extremely well…

my hope is the run game can continue to help herbert like it has the last two weeks…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Do we know what hopkin’s status is for this game? The reason I ask is because we have been activating bandy and someone else almost every week and this week with pipkins having a sprained left knee I think it would be prudent to activate either sarrell or bailey from the practice squad…or is that a bad idea?

they have no choice but to activate bartolet (?) if hopkins can't go but if bandy is activated again there is no room for extra O-line help from the PS…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Be aggressive on both O and D (not 4th down aggressive). A couple max protects for some deep shots from JH. Mix in the blitz on passing downs. Leave no doubt.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Actual practice day, but no change

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              Do we know what hopkin’s status is for this game? The reason I ask is because we have been activating bandy and someone else almost every week and this week with pipkins having a sprained left knee I think it would be prudent to activate either sarrell or bailey from the practice squad…or is that a bad idea?

they have no choice but to activate bartolet (?) if hopkins can't go but if bandy is activated again there is no room for extra O-line help from the PS…
              Norton is the swing tackle, Clapp C/G, Jaimes G/T. 3 deep is normal.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

For the people still harping on the run defense…

our run defense has allowed the 14th most rush yards in the NFL this year despite getting torched by cleveland in one quarter for 103 yards…

by comparison our pass defense has allowed the 17th most passing yards…

our run defense has allowed the 6th fewest rushing TDs on the ground despite the browns getting three on sunday…

by comparison our pass defense ranks 29th for passing TDs allowed, just three spots from dead bottom of the league!!!

all these passing TDs being given up has us tied for most points allowed in the NFL this year!!!

the pass defense and not the run defense is contributing to this defense not being a top 15 defense ATM, not the other way around! I believe our linebackers and safeties have not been good in coverage but JC Jackson playing hurt has not helped matters either…the good news is that once Jackson is healthy and if we can get more from our linebackers and safeties this defense will become a balanced defense, teams could also be throwing on us more than last year because our run defense has improved…

right now our defense has the 3 fewest rushing attempts in the league against us, but at the same time we have the 23rd most passing attempts against us…this could be a big day for russell wilson thru the air…OR it could be the right game to boost our defensive rankings thru the air, we’ll see…
                Bosa is not there
                JC is not 100%
                K9 emerge

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Norton is the swing tackle, Clapp C/G, Jaimes G/T. 3 deep is normal.
                  It is normal, but pipkins has a boo boo so I’m wondeeing if that'll change things…

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

no question, but a top QB playing with bad ribs and missing his #1 WR and his deep pass threat WR too, the broncos keep everything in front of them but still somehow manage to play the intermediate area of the field extremely well…

my hope is the run game can continue to help herbert like it has the last two weeks…
                    this will be a tough game.... against a very tough denver defense.....

Chargers defense is still very very bad..... cant stop the run, no pass rush, and cannot cover ....very well.... we make bad QB's look very solid.... our wins have all been struggles against bad teams with bad or backup QB's......

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Herbert is getting by with his ribs okay. He's still making good plays despite the fact.

Having KA back should help. But Palmer and the other WRs do need to step up. I also think it helps for Parham to shake off the rust and get back in tune with the offense.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Herbert is getting by with his ribs okay. He's still making good plays despite the fact.

Having KA back should help. But Palmer and the other WRs do need to step up. I also think it helps for Parham to shake off the rust and get back in tune with the offense.
                        So keenan is confirmed to play on MNF? I must’ve missed that announcement yesterday with all the anticipation of the Padre game…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

this will be a tough game.... against a very tough denver defense.....

Chargers defense is still very very bad..... cant stop the run, no pass rush, and cannot cover ....very well.... we make bad QB's look very solid.... our wins have all been struggles against bad teams with bad or backup QB's......
                          I certainly hope that russell doesn’t get back on track against us, losing bosa has erased our pass rush…there are many reasons to be concerned about the denver game but the biggest in my opinion is the quality of the denver defense and the lack of production of our defense…

Comment

Working...
                          X