Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    First year HC
    vs
    Second year HC
    Monday night.
    We actually may have an advantage at HC in this game. Hackett has proven to be a disaster at in game management and decision making. Staley a close second

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Yep, I do, even without KA on the field. The Chargers beat the Broncos 34-13 in January at SoFi. Drew Lock was their QB then, and right now the Broncos' offense is worse with Russell Wilson at QB.
      Different year…that bronco defense didn’t have the pass rush this one does, or the interior presence for that matter…whole different animal and those DBs have had another offseason to work together and grow as a unit too…what happened last year has no bearing on this year…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Here is the piece by a Bronco's writer that assess who has the advantage in different aspects of the game. He assesses the Chargers have the advantage in almost every aspect (including coaching). Where he did give the Broncos the advantage I don't agree with. He gives the Broncos the advantage in their pass rush vs the Chargers' OL. I think it's a wash. Herbert is the least-sacked QB in the league. He also gives the Broncos the advantage in their defense against the Chargers' run game. He must not have watched the Chargers' two most recent games. Again, I'd say it's a wash. But he probably felt compelled to give the Broncos for something.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...argers-defense

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          Winning wont be enough this week. We need a feel good game, a get right type of preformance. No last second escape artist wins this time and for once dominate a division opponent.
          Not me, I’ll gladly settle for a controversial disconcerting disgusting ass ugly fucking win, I don’t give a shit, just get the dub!
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            Winning wont be enough this week. We need a feel good game, a get right type of preformance. No last second escape artist wins this time and for once dominate a division opponent.
            No such thing as a bad win.
            Many thought Chubb & Hunt were an automatic L for LAC.
            Denver is a very good defense, one of the best. Little chance that we dominate them.
            Winning a low scoring game is likely.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Here is the piece by a Bronco's writer that assess who has the advantage in different aspects of the game. He assesses the Chargers have the advantage in almost every aspect (including coaching). Where he did give the Broncos the advantage I don't agree with. He gives the Broncos the advantage in their pass rush vs the Chargers' OL. I think it's a wash. Herbert is the least-sacked QB in the league. He also gives the Broncos the advantage in their defense against the Chargers' run game. He must not have watched the Chargers' two most recent games. Again, I'd say it's a wash. But he probably felt compelled to give the Broncos for something.

the hell with that guy and the donkey he rode in on, why in world would you give two shits what a donkey beat writer has to say, why?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

There are a few elements to not take lightly.

Wilson can be dangerous in circumstances like this, bouncing back.

Their OL is getting slightly healthier, and we don't have the available personnel to take advantage of the remaining weakness there.

There are some DEN defensive pieces capable of giving us problems, including, Chubb, Browning, Simmons and Surtain.

Play good football and we win.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  There are a few elements to not take lightly.

Wilson can be dangerous in circumstances like this, bouncing back.

Their OL is getting slightly healthier, and we don't have the available personnel to take advantage of the remaining weakness there.

There are some DEN defensive pieces capable of giving us problems, including, Chubb, Browning, Simmons and Surtain.

Play good football and we win.
                  We need an effective run game, that doesn’t have to mean getting 200 plus yards again, it could be 110-125 if those yards come in the right circumstances like the goaline and when we need to close out the game, that type of thing…

AND we can’t have turnovers…they will make 1-2 mistakes, I know they will, but we can’t do it too…between wilson and gordon we will probably have an opportunity to get at least one turnover and we have to jump on that fumble and hold on to that interception (looking at you DJ)…

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

the hell with that guy and the donkey he rode in on, why in world would you give two shits what a donkey beat writer has to say, why?
                    Because he's mostly spot-on.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Donks are avg at run D, we're below avg at running. So far this season.
                      We seem to be getting better at running. Donks posted avg stats v better run offenses.Kind of a push.
                      We are the best passing O they will play. Donks posted top pass D vs lesser teams.
                      We'll run successfully. They cannot get very specific about what they defend.
                      And we'll pass successfully.
                      But it'll be low scoring IMO.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Because he's mostly spot-on.
                        It pains me to read about our “struggling defense”. But if there ever was a “get well” game for the d it’s this one. Don’t let Russ off the mat and contain the Broncos runners. I’m looking for 3 TO’s

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It pains me to read about our “struggling defense”. But if there ever was a “get well” game for the d it’s this one. Don’t let Russ off the mat and contain the Broncos runners. I’m looking for 3 TO’s
                          It could happen. MG has dropsy and Russ can get wild.
                          Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                          X