Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Velo View Post
    The Chargers are currently No. 6 in conference standings. If they win tomorrow, they don't move up (though they pull even with the Chiefs). But if they lose they drop all the way to No. 11.
    To me, it looks like they would move up to #5 with a win based upon a better conference record than the Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I think they move ahead of the Jets to #5 on conference record if they win.
      Yes, I agree with that.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
        We don’t have our top WR, our top O-lineman, our top defensive lineman, our speed receiver, and our QB is playing with busted ribs…I know the broncos are missing guys too but their defense is LOT better than ours…

I’m confident we’ll find a way to beat the broncos but this whole idea that we’re going to steam roll them is unrealistic…you’re just going to be disappointed if you’re expecting a blowout against the broncos…

if we don’t turn the ball over and run effectively, we’ll come out on top but it’ll be much closer than folks here would like…
        Denvers defense is seriously good and they are getting their all pro safety back..... and they know Chargers cannot stop the run, rush the passer, or cover speed receivers....

Herbert knows he has to out score every opponent because our defense cannot stop anyone....we make bad teams and QB's look good....

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Denvers defense is seriously good and they are getting their all pro safety back..... and they know Chargers cannot stop the run, rush the passer, or cover speed receivers....

Herbert knows he has to out score every opponent because our defense cannot stop anyone....we make bad teams and QB's look good....
          I guess we should just forfeit since we evidently have no chance.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Vertically challenged Russell Wilson has never been able to see the middle of the field well (a problem Herbert doesn't have)
            Charger team doctors may suck treating clavicles, hammy's, and ribs but they sure know how to treat E.D.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

How do you see the Chargers doing in the SEC?

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Chargers D scares me the most in that last two minutes when other teams call less used, hardly practiced plays from their playbook which befuddles what the Chargers have been seeing all game.

MNF. This is not the game to have 100 yards in penalties. The Chargers win if they get not more than 50 yards in penalties. Staley has to have this team playing sharp (penalties wise)…Swami says.
                Last edited by Caslon; 10-16-2022, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Even if we beat them, still no Ws against anybody with a decent record. I’ll be happy for the W, but concerned it (and the inevitable awesome O stats) is/are chimerical.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Denver #4 scoring D is very good.
                    You exaggerate regards Chargers D. They're inconsistent. Yards allowed, run or pass are a weak avg, ppg is lousy.
                    They do stop teams- inconsistently.
                    Our #30 D is showing a weak pulse. Donks #32 O are a good team to get healthy on (and vice versa the way you're reading the tea leaves)
                    Our #8 scoring offense is far better passing & scoring, about equal avg ypg rushing.

ps: outscoring every opponent is every offense's goal every game.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Even if we beat them, still no Ws against anybody with a decent record. I’ll be happy for the W, but concerned it (and the inevitable awesome O stats) is/are chimerical.
                      Gotta play the schedule. Every W counts equally overall, Conf & Div settle tie-breakers.
                      Philly looks like and currently is the winningest team in the NFL. That doesn't guarantee a playoff slot. Lose the right 2 or 3 key players?
                      They may not make the postseason.
                      Weeks 7 to 18 will make a difference in the W-L stats. Guaranteed.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I guess we should just forfeit since we evidently have no chance.
                        That is a lucid, intelligent, well-thought-out objection.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Denver #4 scoring D is very good
                          Gotta get 7’s, not 3’s in the red zone.

Comment

Working...
                          X