• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    I think everyone needs to be flushed, from Telesco on down to the coaching. It's all bad.
    Agree, but unfortunately we also need new owners in the worst way. I wish the league could intervene in some way.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Agree, but unfortunately we also need new owners in the worst way. I wish the league could intervene in some way.
      Grubman already said its the NFL's role to step in and negotiate new stadium deals when existing ownership is unwilling/unable to do so. Its not far-fetched from that point to see them as the prime negotiators in SD if/when the Chargers 2016 relocation application is denied. Hopefully, they could convince Spanos to sell at least the controlling interest in the team during that time.

Santa, are you listening?
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        Grubman already said its the NFL's role to step in and negotiate new stadium deals when existing ownership is unwilling/unable to do so. Its not far-fetched from that point to see them as the prime negotiators in SD if/when the Chargers 2016 relocation application is denied. Hopefully, they could convince Spanos to sell at least the controlling interest in the team during that time.

Santa, are you listening?
        Grubman's job is to present the NFL and the team the best available options going forward. That means stringing along the home city as long as it takes to extract maximum blood.
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

As horrible as this year has been, the over riding issue contiues to be the Limbo status of this disOrganization.
          Lame duck coach and GM head into next year still not knowing where they will be residing again.
          How do you clean house and get good personnell to take on this mess?
          You can't.
          We are stuck with this shit until relocation is resolved one way or another.
          In fact, I expect to see the CARTEL delay the relocation issue for at least 2 of the 3 teams for another year.
          At that point, the slugs running this shitshow will be forced to extend the GM and even the "HC".
          Just my view from the rock bottomless pit.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Nobody is going anywhere. Ownership wants to move to LA and the best thing they can do to make it happen is to put a shitty product on the field. Not that they told McCoy/Telesco this, but it doesn't serve their end goals to fire these two guys in order to try to create a spark and actually win some games.

There is no accountability on the players. I guess there actually is. Jacoby Jones figured out a way to get cut, and so did the 4th CB who was forced to start last year. But guys like Donald Butler still start even though it's clear he can't do anything well at all. He can't take on blocks, he can't get to the ball, he can't husssle, and he can't cover RBs/TEs.

Donald Brown is still on the roster too - even though he got Scifres killed last year (which is more important than the fact that he doesn't get on the field this year - IMO).
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Nothing is fucked here, Dude.
              sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Probably the only team without the heart and balls to cut anyone. This team plays like its owners and front office. Soft and gutless. Where below average is actually doing better than expected.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  This team plays like its owners and front office. Soft and gutless.
                  You read my mind Fleet. Yesterday was the first time it was really obvious to me they had taken on the personality of their owner.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                    You read my mind Fleet. Yesterday was the first time it was really obvious to me they had taken on the personality of their owner.
                    Maybe they will go into hiding and I can get a refund on the next 2 games.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      As much as I dislike them, they aren't on par with Sterling, Stepien or some of the other fools we have seen.

Comment

• Highboltage
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        As much as I dislike them, they aren't on par with Sterling, Stepien or some of the other fools we have seen.
                        They're trying!

Comment

• Wheels
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                          Nobody is going anywhere. Ownership wants to move to LA and the best thing they can do to make it happen is to put a shitty product on the field. Not that they told McCoy/Telesco this, but it doesn't serve their end goals to fire these two guys in order to try to create a spark and actually win some games.

There is no accountability on the players. I guess there actually is. Jacoby Jones figured out a way to get cut, and so did the 4th CB who was forced to start last year. But guys like Donald Butler still start even though it's clear he can't do anything well at all. He can't take on blocks, he can't get to the ball, he can't husssle, and he can't cover RBs/TEs.

Donald Brown is still on the roster too - even though he got Scifres killed last year (which is more important than the fact that he doesn't get on the field this year - IMO).
                          I don't see how sucking helps the Chargers get to LA. Sure, it makes it easier to slip out of town like the movie Major League. But LA already had at best a tepid interest in getting the Chargers. Now they're getting bitter that they have to watch the Charger games because of regional coverage rules. It's not helping them sell their brand to the LA people.

Comment

Working...
                          X