Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Another thing I don’t want to see tomorrow, out of frustration or whatever are …personal fouls. “Take that!!” Seething frustration. If the Chargers go over 100 yards in penalties, forget about it. That includes lederhosen pass interference. And when will the QB rush finally show up?

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
      Serenity now!
      • Sep 2021
      • North Carolina
      • Teacher
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Staley’s in or out depending on outcome of this game. A defining point for his and Charger career. No excuses you must coach with what your dealt.
      Whilst I agree that he needs to up his game as it were, I really don't think the outcome of this game is going to affect his job either way. Would like him to be a bit more intelligent when it comes to crunch time however.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Seeing lots of Charger fans tonight in Atlanta. Went to dinner in a sports bar to watch part of the Georgia - Tennessee game and stumbled on a party of about 100 fans. Nice to see.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Feeling Lucky?

Looking for someone to 'start' the Game Day Thread, on the actual Game Day (Sunday, Pacific time, doesn't need to be midnight). It isn't good form after a loss for the previous starter to do the next one. I do use the OP to post media information so people can find the game and may change the topic name.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Seeing lots of Charger fans tonight in Atlanta. Went to dinner in a sports bar to watch part of the Georgia - Tennessee game and stumbled on a party of about 100 fans. Nice to see.

feeling guilty….rock on!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Wow, I never realized that. Gives me some hope for that game, after all.
              Rivers was 4-0 against the 49ers. No matter how much 49ers fans mocked Rivers, he owned them and I always had that in my hip pocket.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Patterson activated. Expect a career day.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                  Serenity now!
                  • Sep 2021
                  • North Carolina
                  • Teacher
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  That's fantastic!

There are way more of us out there coast to coast than we think lol.

Comment

• LarryAW
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Those three years - still as good of a WR as I have seen play. I get the very small sample size.

But he was damn good
                    I'll take Wes, but you couldn't go wrong either way.

BTW, I didn't post for a long time due to medical reasons, but have been a Chargers fan since I came here in the Navy in 1970. I have a hard time reading what I'm typing when I'm posting here.

Fun Fact: Met Lance Alworth at my father's service station (also a Trailways Bus Stop) in MS when he was on a Trailways Bus heading back to "college." My father knew his father somehow (think he was a Standard Oil Exec) and I knew he would be on the bus. Lance certainly wouldn't remember it, but it made my year (though I can't remember which one. ;-)

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Wow, I never realized that. Gives me some hope for that game, after all.
                      The Chargers not having lost to the 49ers this century?
                      Maybe, if the year ends up disappointing, but at least they defeat San Fran again, it will not be a waste.

Hearing that the 49ers will finally be healthy for that game..

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Unfortunately, the Chargers did lose to the 49ers in 2000, 45-17. Ryan Leaf threw 1 TD pass and 4 INTs. It was the week after the Chargers got their only win (17-16 over the Chiefs) of that most regrettable season.

Two seasons later the league added its 32nd team (Texans) and re-aligned to create eight four-team divisions. That started a cycle of each division playing all four teams of one division from the other conference each season. The AFC West and NFC West played each other that inaugural year of the newly realigned league (and have played each other every four years since). Brees, in his first year as a starter, out-dueled Jeff Garcia and beat the Niners 20-17 in OT at Qualcomm, in Nov. 2002, starting the current 20-year five-game mastery over the 49ers.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe, if the year ends up disappointing, but at least they defeat San Fran again, it will not be a waste.

Hearing that the 49ers will finally be healthy for that game..
                          wont happen their strength is our gresatest weaknesses..... coaching and running game.... and pass rush....

Comment

Working...
                          X