Official Chargers At Falcons Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Atlanta is bad at pass rushing. The Falcons defense has been bad at it for a while now. The rest of the teams on the schedule won't be this bad.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Atlanta is bad at pass rushing. The Falcons defense has been bad at it for a while now. The rest of the teams on the schedule won't be this bad.
      We have always made bad teams look like they are stocked with all-pro's. ZERO hits or sacks?? I'll take it and so will Herbie.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday. One thing I'll say is that our RBs know how to pick up a blitz

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I was at church during this game yesterday so I just caught up on the replay channel. it seems our offense only works in the second and fourth quarters. I've been critical of Staley and his staff but I'm giving them some credit for winning this one. Considering who they lined up at WR and all the other missing or injured players, I think the coaches did a fine jib of getting the team ready for this game.

I saw several passes in the 20-30 yard range and that's an improvement. I thought the defense played better, not great, but better. We need to thank Mariota for being wile high most of the day.

It's going to get tougher now - SF is a much better team than the Falcons. Here's hoping Allen will be back and I'll be praying that Pipkins can play next week. The thought of Storm trying to block Bosa is scary!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I was at church during this game yesterday so I just caught up on the replay channel. it seems our offense only works in the second and fourth quarters. I've been critical of Staley and his staff but I'm giving them some credit for winning this one. Considering who they lined up at WR and all the other missing or injured players, I think the coaches did a fine jib of getting the team ready for this game.

I saw several passes in the 20-30 yard range and that's an improvement. I thought the defense played better, not great, but better. We need to thank Mariota for being wile high most of the day.

It's going to get tougher now - SF is a much better team than the Falcons. Here's hoping Allen will be back and I'll be praying that Pipkins can play next week. The thought of Storm trying to block Bosa is scary!
            I'm guessing the Chargers coaches have seen a fair amount of that in practice with the older brother and don't want to see it in a game with the younger brother

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Why does Herbert throw every pass in a wierd 3/4 side arm now? That is why so many balls are getting batted. Is it due to the ribs? I thought maybe it was an adjustment on all the 3 yard throws for some reason but I see him doing it now on deeper routes, too. Whatever it is, I hope Day fixes it. I think it is hurting Herbert's performance.

I think he's throwing with his usual motion when he's behind the LoS, and those are the passes that are getting batted down. Teams are used to all the short throws now and rushers are falling back to bat down the short tosses. The 3/4 motion throws mostly come when he's rolling right. In that situation, he typically doesn't have a defender right in front of him and so can get away with the lower throw, which is probably less painful. Those aren't the balls that are getting batted, I don't think.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

All of you need to know the only reason we win these games is because i stop watching. And since the Chargers wont pay me to stop watching...im thinking about holding this forum ransom.

If you guys want to win games...you need me to not watch. That is going to start costing 100 bucks a game.

Paypal link is on the front page. I didnt just create the MOJO....i also have STANK MOJO. I am the alpha and the omega. I promote and take life.

From now on...if you raise 100 for me ill stop watching games.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• nomad1946
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2017
                          • West Yellowstone, Montana
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                          I would like to see Horvath get more carries as a running back.

Comment

Working...
                          X